Traction Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Control

I took apart my center consol to install a switch and I noticed that I have a wire adapter there that looks like it might hook into the Traction button(that I dont have on my car). Is it possible all I might need to get is that swicth for the Trac Control?

Thanks fellas
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

I believe there is also a module under the hood, a sensor on the rear axle and maybe some computer stuff too. My 96 has traction control and I hate it. If you know how to drive and don't get stupid with the loud pedal you really don't need it. It is on automatically unless you turn it off. When it senses the rear tires spin it completely cut's the throttle and it feels as if the pedal isn't attatched to anything which is quite unnerving (and I believe dangerous) if you spin the tires a little trying to get into traffic etc. There are only 2 reasons I can see for it. One is if you have to let someone drive your car that can't handle the power and might give it too much gas and lose control. The only other reason I see for it is in the rain which still isn't bad if you are careful. Shouldn't be flooring it everywhere in the rain anyways. Anywhoo I wouldn't worry about trying to add it, if I could easily disable mine I would. Just MHO.............Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Working...
    X