Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Cadillac's CTS-V (Camaro Turned Sedan????)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Cadillac's CTS-V (Camaro Turned Sedan????)

In today's St. Louis Post Dispatch there was an interesting article on the 2004 Caddy CTS. It has a 400Hp V8 that will only be availible with a 6-speed manual. With the earlier posts on possible GenV Camaros, I thought I'd pass this along.

John

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/aut...9?opendocument
    1995 Z28 A4/2.73 Black/Ttops, SLP cai, TB bypass, TB airfoil,
    1LE elbow, HPP+, 160 thermo, Accel 300+ ignition box, Accel 9000 wires,
    AC/Delco Rapidfires, LT4 knock module, TA shift knob, ???

Oh yeah, you didn't know about the CTS-V? They are hoping that the CTS-V challenges the BMW M5 the way the Z06 challenges the 911 Turbo. What they are aiming for is similar performance for a fraction of the price. It will challenge the M5, until next year when the M5 packs a 500 HP V-10!!!
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Caddy has a proto of a luxury 1000hp car.....and they say they are 90% sure they will build it.

if the camaro comes back...it wont be anything like we know it. that comes STRAIT from THE source.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I knew Cadillac was thinking about the V8 in the CTS but not like this. I'm also surprised about the mention of the 3.73 gear ratio for it. Sounds like GM is making a big push on performance now with this car, the GTO, and the SS variants of several platforms. Gives one hope for the future.

John
        1995 Z28 A4/2.73 Black/Ttops, SLP cai, TB bypass, TB airfoil,
        1LE elbow, HPP+, 160 thermo, Accel 300+ ignition box, Accel 9000 wires,
        AC/Delco Rapidfires, LT4 knock module, TA shift knob, ???

Comment

Yes its true GM is dropping the 5.7l engine into the Cadillac. Yes its true that BMW has their new 5 series coming out next Model Year.

However as was reported on Cheers & Gears the next MY CTS will ALSO sport more then 500hp.

GM is serious about this. Bob Lutz is serious about GM as well. The Sixteen (1,000hp super lux car) probably will not be built however.

What else is there from GM's performance??

-Next MY Silverado SS will be supercharged
          -Next MY GTO will have functional hood scoops and a 6.0l v8 packing 430hp, at least.
          -Next generation Impala and Monte are slated to be RWD as well.

Theres much much more that I cant think of, check out C&G and read up on the stuff, you'll be shocked at how far GM has come, and is coming along.

Comment

Working...
          X