Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock injectors with supercharger...low level boost?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I would recommend for you, I am actually running this one: 13psi Pulleys (2.50") for Powerdyne Superchargers

And this is where I got it! I think ProficientPerformance is the only ones offering the 2.5". FYI: The last 3 digits on the pulley part number is the size in inches*100.

Oh...I forgot to mention that I am using an ATI bypass valve also...helps keep the intercooler temps down. Kind of a pain to install on a PD setup unless you are doing some extensive re-working of the pipes. Doubt you would need one really.

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

For the price of the Powerdyne you can get a D-1SC ProCharger through a dealer. You just cannot beat the performance, engineering, quality, and warranty of ProChargers products.

The D-1SC would be a great starter blower with room to grow.

http://www.superchargers4less.com/pr...bodyprices.htm

Comment

fastTA fas a good point... I am using the powerdyne only because of the quiet running. The newer ATI stuff is probably not too bad for noise and is definately stronger for higher boost applications (or just higher impeller speed apps like you will be running).

I originally purchased an ATI 9# (P-600B) setup in '97 and loved it except that the compressor made too much lousy noise (turns out, mine was even worse than normal) and I did not like that it had to be "engine oiled". Seems like they have these issues corrected now, you should probably look at them.

Flash - '97 Black WS/6, Intercooled Powerdyne 11# , LTCC Coil Per Cylinder Ignition, OPTI High Voltage Deleted, 160, Short Stick, BMR-STB, adjustable Shocks, PP+ w/scan, !CAGS, Flowmaster 3" cat-back... 43k miles as of Aug. 2006

**-** BOOST, it's no replacement for displacement, and there's definitely no replacement for having both!

Comment

http://www.procharger.com

I'm thinking a P-1SC would probably be enough (unless you want a killer huffer for the roadmaster later on )

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            For the price of the Powerdyne you can get a D-1SC ProCharger through a dealer. You just cannot beat the performance, engineering, quality, and warranty of ProChargers products.

The D-1SC would be a great starter blower with room to grow.

http://www.superchargers4less.com/pr...bodyprices.htm
            The Powerdyne will work great for me especially with it being a higher mileage engine, and Summit Racing's prices are really good. It is a great start to something totally new for me. I thought about pulling the heads, having them done, and putting in a new cam, but that would have given me little improvement for the money. If I go through the work of pulling the engine, I want to do a 383 forged bottom end with some pretty radical heads and a blower cam along with replacing the front saddle and control arms...can't really afford the time and cost right now. The ATI blowers are awesome, but totally overkill for what I need on a stock engine. With a few modifications, the Powerdyne kit will fit perfectly in my Roadmaster, and I will buy a radical kit for the T/A when I build it someday. I would like to do a 8:1 or 8.5:1 pistons with a twin intercooled ATI setup...but that is a few years down the road. As soon as I get the T/A done, I am building a car for enduro dirt track racing, and then starting the C4 build as an SCCA club racer(still need to take the class)...I think I will keep this car and go crazy with it. I just have too many projects
            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

"I thought about pulling the heads, having them done, and putting in a new cam"...

Yea, me too.... but, $$$ have become kind of scarce now.

I think you can do the PD setup a bit cheaper than the ATI, also the PD builds a little more boost at lower rpms than the ATI (at least compared to my old P600B) because of the impeller design.

Best of luck with all of the projects!

Comment

Originally posted by Flash 97 WS/6
                http://www.procharger.com

I'm thinking a P-1SC would probably be enough (unless you want a killer huffer for the roadmaster later on )
                Now I have a lot of decisions to make. I can get this kit Procharger 1993-97 1GA212-SCI STAGE II INTERCOOLED WITH P-1SC 10-14 PSI 65-85% TWIN HIGHFLOW $3,699 and have room to expand (they said they would detune it to 8psi for me. I really like that company (Superchargers4less), or I can go with the Powerdyne for $2,900 with no intercooler and not much upgrade. $700 gives me a lot of future potential! The only problem is that if I have a blower like that then I am going to want to dive into the motor...big sigh! I also need to find out what I am going to do with that traction control system.
                '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Would you rather spend only $700 more now for a top notch blower with more than enough room to expand by simply purchasing a higher boost $70 pulley......or would you rather spend $2,000 to upgrade the Powerdyne head unit down the road?

I know what I would do.

Comment

Would you rather spend only $700 more now for a top notch blower with more than enough room to expand by simply purchasing a higher boost $70 pulley......or would you rather spend $2,000 to upgrade the Powerdyne head unit down the road?

I know what I would do.
                    That is definitely true. However, I think incidentals are going to run up the cost as they would with both. Before I can buy either, I need to find out what I am going to do with the Traction Control. Any ideas on a relocation kit? I was told that http://www.carrollsupercharging.com/ had a kit for the relocation, but I can't get a hold of anybody.

Anyhow, I think that Procharger setup would be incredible. If I go this route, I won't start the project until fall when I put the car away for the winter.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

What are you trying to relocate, the head unit?

Comment

What are you trying to relocate, the head unit?
                        The traction control unit is in the way...I hate that thing. Basically, the module needs to moved along with fabricating new brake lines. It is a PITA!

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                        X