car shakes..gettin worse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car shakes..gettin worse

my car is shaking and i need help..thanks.
    1998 v-6 Firebird, t-tops...
    mods: flowmaster exhaust, K&N air filter, 3.73 gears, cold air induction, whisper lid, ac delco rapidfire spark plugs- running with mobile 1 synthetic

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506859

my car did that really bad. i had two problems one would be the spark plug wires i really dont know how old they are or anything on your car but i would deffently check that out. also i would check out the EGR vavle but if that is it the Service engine would light up. those are what happen to my car but i have a formula so it a different kinda set up but trust trying to help another f-body owner.

Comment

Can you describe the "shaking" in a little more detail?

Motor vibrations? Drivetrain vibrations? Cowl shake? Tires out of whack?

Describe the actual shaking you are feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
        Can you describe the "shaking" in a little more detail?

Motor vibrations? Drivetrain vibrations? Cowl shake? Tires out of whack?

Describe the actual shaking you are feeling.
        Yes, please describe the shaking. Is it when moving, when stopped, related to speed, related to RPM, when turning or going strait or when going over bump or accelerating hard?

Saying your car is shaking is really vague. It could be anything.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Maybe it's scared. Get a V8. V8 F-bods aren't scared of anything

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

now now a v-6 is still an f-body grated there slow but there still an f-body.

Comment

I was only kidding. Yeah I know they're still an F-bod......There are some V6s out there that are pretty fast actually, remember the 89GTA with the Turbo 6. 4th gen v6s aren't slow, just not fast stock but modded is a different story. I always thought a Turbo or supercharger 3.8 would be pretty cool.....Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

well it juts shakes when i am still ...... if i rest my foot on the gas pedal or just sit down in the seat i feel a constant vibration.....it basically feels like a rough idle..

-matt-
                mods: flowmaster exhaust, K&N air filter, 3.73 gears, cold air induction, whisper lid, ac delco rapidfire spark plugs- running with mobile 1 synthetic

Comment

hey ive had 3 f-bodys the first two i am a little more proud of but any ways check your timing and your spark plugs, if you feel like your loosing alot of power your probily skipping a cylinder, if not just get a mechanic to check it out.

Comment

I'd say to check your plugs and wires. Make sure to check if any of the wires is touching the hot manifolds/block. If you can't find that these are the culprits, then do the following:
                    Get a fuel pressure test gauge and check for your fuel pressure. Make sure to test it when you turn the key on, and check for fuel pressure loss over time after the pump stops pressurizing and when the car is shut off. I'm not sure where the valve is on the V6 though. Your car was doing the exact same thing mine did when my fuel system was corroded with sugar. The injectors, regulator and pump were obviously the entire problem. When I would start it, it would just sometimes shake violently or have a really bad idle. It was simply starving.

Good luck.
                    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

ok thanks for the advice, i know where th valve is, ill give that a try.

-matt-

Comment

Working...
                      X