No announcement yet.

need help going to detail my f-body...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help going to detail my f-body...

Just got a new cordless polisher 18 volt 7" bonnet.
    I was told to use some compound and do polish two feet at a time, then follow it up with my favorite polish or wax. My paint on my 95 Z28 is in very good shape except it has many fine scratches I want to get rid of. any and all help appreciated. What brand name compound do you guys recommend? I have some very good clear coat wax already.
    Ed
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

My recommendation....and probably that of most of the guys on here....don't use the polisher!! Using compound like that will remove part of your clear coat and can leave more scratches if not done right. Get yourself some Zaino polish, man! Check out the link at the top of the page, at least I think it is still there, you will find all of the info on the website. It is a polish that uses a polymer instead of wax. The Z5 polish will fill swirl marks and fine scratches with a few applications and the stuff shines like nothing else. It is 100% optically pure, as opposed to waxes. Anyway, do yourself a favor and check it out...it will save you alot of time and trouble in the long run. It is by far, the favorite polish of this forum...just ask just about any of these guys about it. Good luck!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Never used Zaino before, but with my buffer I usually put on Meguiars Machine Glaze. It's designed to be used with a wheel and lasts a fair amount of time, while giving a great shine.

Comment

The only time I would *ever* use a machine polisher on a finish is if it has been allowed to fall into a very poor state. .. example.. If I just purchased a car, and it was not maintained properly, or maybe my truck once every 3 or 4 years to bring it back. I just did my truck last weekend... second time in 5 years.

On my Z... One buff when purchased used, 10 years old... then nothing but Zaino.

It looks perfect now, like it is wet... I'll never have to buff it agian.. Just keep the Zaino coming!

If you are going to buff, I would recommend a 3M "finesse it" product. It is what the pros use.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
        X