Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skip shift question

Hey guys,

When I bought my TA in Oct. I noticed right away during the test drive that the "skip shift" had been overridden. Thats ok with me, however..I do notice once in a while that the tranny will grind lightly for a split second while hitting 4th (and ONLY 4th)gear. Since the skip shift was meant to allow a 1st to 4th gear shift I wonder if the cause of the gremlin lies here? How is the skip shift override accompished anyways? Any thoughts?
    '99 TA M6 (!CAGS), K&N/LS1MS Lid. Still learning as I go.

I'm not sure exactly how skip shift works, but what you're describing sounds like a synchro starting to go.

Comment

The skip shift is diasbled by simply unplugging it. A resistor can be inserted in OBD2 to prevent a code from being given, but it will not cause a SES light.

This does not sound like your problem.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Hmm, okay thanks. Guess it's time to break in that handy warrantee huh?
        '99 TA M6 (!CAGS), K&N/LS1MS Lid. Still learning as I go.

Comment

Working...
        X