"f-body" question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "f-body" question

okay, I've been on this forum and on a 3rd gen forum now for a while, and this has always confused me.

A lot of people call both the 3rd gen cars (85-92) and the 4th gens ('93-'02?) F-bodys. But this site is f-body.com, and we only talk about the 4th gen F-bodys. Can somone just clear this up for me once and for all? Thanks.
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

well ....ive been here since 1996. and we talk about what ever f body that comes up......if somebody makes a post about a pre-4th gen....and nobody knows the answer..then he gets no reply.

clear?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
      well ....ive been here since 1996. and we talk about what ever f body that comes up......if somebody makes a post about a pre-4th gen....and nobody knows the answer..then he gets no reply.

clear?
      so technically both 3rd and 4th gens are considered "F-bodys", but this site just kinda ignored (in lacking a better word) anything beside 4th gens?
      my car:

the project:
      check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gens are considered f body's.

if its ignored......then its cause nobody had a response.

whats your point you are trying to make? I'm starting not to like the vibes i'm getting from this thread? if you dont like the forum..... prance on broh...... simple as that.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gens are considered f body's.

if its ignored......then its cause nobody had a response.

whats your point you are trying to make? I'm starting not to like the vibes i'm getting from this thread? if you dont like the forum..... prance on broh...... simple as that.
          no, no, no. I love this forum, its just that the whole F-body thing was somethin that always confused me. Sorry, saying "ignored" wasnt' right. Thanks for getting the whole name thing straight with me, though.
          my car:

the project:

Comment

Originally posted by wako29
            no, no, no. I love this forum, its just that the whole F-body thing was somethin that always confused me. Sorry, saying "ignored" wasnt' right. Thanks for getting the whole name thing straight with me, though.

april fools.........

haaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i crack my self up......

Comment

april fools.........

haaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i crack my self up......

:bangs head against wall for actually falling for that:

my car:

the project:

Comment

Originally posted by wako29
                :bangs head against wall for actually falling for that:

dont be hard on urself...... yu aint the first over the years broh......

hey........ this forum is pretty cool........ and thanks for being here.

Comment

Not April Fooling...

If you were to take and cut up a 1982-92 3rd Generation F-body and do the same exact cut on a 1993-2002 4 Generation F-body, you will find that they are riding on the same platform (frame and some other specs wise)...

Its about like the 2003 Ford Mustang is riding on the 1980s Platform just like the F-cars are...

Later...
                  Thanks
                  MaraSport

Comment

Re: Not April Fooling...

Originally posted by MaraSport
                    If you were to take and cut up a 1982-92 3rd Generation F-body and do the same exact cut on a 1993-2002 4 Generation F-body, you will find that they are riding on the same platform (frame and some other specs wise)...

Its about like the 2003 Ford Mustang is riding on the 1980s Platform just like the F-cars are...

Later...
                    Like I did to mine?
                    check out my www, and I have some pics of the Z28. I also have a '86 T/A that is exactly the same. The 4th gens are basically the same as the 3rd gens, but the 4ths are stiffer. Also, the front and rear ends are a little different setup IIRC. I have 2 forklifts, and it would be cool to pick up both cars at the same time and look at the differences and all.
                    my car:

the project:

Comment

..what is your www. ?
                      1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                      "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

my

my car:

the project:

Comment

Working...
                        X