Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people do we have in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast? Who would attend an event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people do we have in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast? Who would attend an event?

I was thinking of trying to get a gathering together sometime this summer for everyone withing driving distance (Harrisburg, PA area). I thought I might be able to arrange for it to be held at my work (I work Nuclear Security at TMI), but I might not be able to get it cleared for the obvious reasons. (They've got a huge parking lot and a great backdrop for our cars, they just frown on hundreds of strangers roaming around the grounds....) Failing that site, maybe something else in the area.

How many people in the area would be interested/able to attend? I have no idea on dates, I'm just looking for a rough figure of how many would attend if they can so I can run it by the back office at work. If we could make it some type of charity event, with the company matching our contribution (like a $5 entry fee?), they might be more willing to go for it. They like to pay off the community with donations.

Let me know!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Count me in. Harrisburg is certainly close enough for me.
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

I would come, along with a few people i know with f-bodys who arent on this site yet. sounds like a good idea. i like the charity thing, i do alot of golf events for charitys and such and they always wind up to be alot of fun. and harrisburg isnt far from my cars origional home, wud be like a home coming for her.
      -Nick-
      95 A4 Z28

Comment

I can do Harrisburg. If you wanted help picking a location I might even be able to lend a hand. It would be fun to meet a one of the dragstrips around.

Ryan
        96 Trans Am WS6 M6, K&N Filter, BBK Headers, Spec Stage II clutch, 180 Thermostat, MadZ28 tune... Best 1/4 13.76@103.7

Comment

There has been a sort of annual picnic at Valley Forge the last few years, usually with a large turnout.

Something at Maple Grove would attract a decent crowd. Or possibly Numidia.

I think if you can combine both "show" and some racing, you will get a better turnout. I'd go to Maple Grove or Numidia.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

whenever, wherever, count me in, I think the Nuc. meeting place would be a great idea and a killer back drop for some good photo ops, my aunt is a security guard at salem nuclear reactor in south jersey, so I also realize it would be rough getting permission

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
            lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

Comment

As long as the Z is done by then, or atleast road ready, ill be in on that. its only about 800 miles, but what a great tour for its first summer
              2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
              1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
              past rides:
              1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
              2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
              1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
              2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
              2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
              1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
              1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
              1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

My girl and I would probably show with the two T/A's.
                Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Working...
                X