Electric motor No2, I wanna juice my WINDOW motors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric motor No2, I wanna juice my WINDOW motors

Here we go again, had the last ones done under warranty, I want to know where I can get the best, longest lasting AFTERMARKET window motors for my 1995 camaro. It is insane that this happens to so many people with f-bodys, what was GM thinking. Maybe someone can invent window motor nO2 or Hypertech can incorporate a power window HP increase with their power programmer. Sorry could not resist.
    Thanx
    Bill
    1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
    Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
    Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

I've been using the replacements from Autozone, about $65 a few years back. They are lifetime warranty, but you still get to take the door apart.

Maybe we could get Tim Allen to make some with MORE POWER!
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

In the new GM/Chevy trucks the window motor lifts and lowers the wondow via a regulator spool using small cables that connect to the window frame through a set of pulley's.

I had to rreplace mine and the regulator alone was $310! And that was at cost through a friend of mine that owns a body shop.

Is GM doing this on purpose?

Comment

I replaced mine with a Pep Boys unit back in 99 or so, just after the 3/36 warranty had expired. 132K miles now and the motor is still strong. Perhaps the internal guides weren't lubed well?

Comment

On my 3rd Drivers side motor.... Limited lifetime warranty at Advance Auto Parts. Got it down to a 30min project. Seem to only last a year though.
          1995 Firebird Formula
          (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

I agree it would be nice if some one would build a sturdier motor that'll last more than a year or two. Everytime I change the motor the tint gets nicked, even when I'm being very careful. Besides it's a pain to do and if you can't do it yourself you are going to pay alot to have a shop do it. It's almost enough to make me want to retrofit some manual crank windows.....Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Working...
            X