This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Insurance on an F-Body?

How much a month do you guys pay for insurance on your beast? I want to get a T/A, but I have a totaled car on my insurance record and I'm afraid of what the Insurance would be. I know Full coverage is out of the question and I could probably barely afford Liability every single month, but I have no idea....

So what do you pay, how old are you, and any other information I need to know?

It's going to depend heavily on your location, the age of the car and it's engine size, your age, and your personal driving record. If your young and single, live in NJ, and buy a 2002 TA, your screwed The best bet, if you have an idea of the car you want, is to call up your preferred carrier and get some quotes/estimates. Try Progressive's website, they'll let you compare. There are independant websites out there that will give you quotes/estimates from hundreds of carriers also, but I can't remember any of the addresses off hand. try a web search.
    My wife takes care of the insurance bill, but I believe I pay only about $800 a year for the TA (full coverage). But I'm a family man with not so much as a ticket on my record, live in a low crime rate area and have all my other cars and my house with this company, so i get a number of discounts. I've heard of people paying over $4000 a year if they've got accidents and the other above mentioned problems. It'll vary widely.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
      It's going to depend heavily on your location, the age of the car and it's engine size, your age, and your personal driving record. If your young and single, live in NJ, and buy a 2002 TA, your screwed The best bet, if you have an idea of the car you want, is to call up your preferred carrier and get some quotes/estimates. Try Progressive's website, they'll let you compare. There are independant websites out there that will give you quotes/estimates from hundreds of carriers also, but I can't remember any of the addresses off hand. try a web search.
      My wife takes care of the insurance bill, but I believe I pay only about $800 a year for the TA (full coverage). But I'm a family man with not so much as a ticket on my record, live in a low crime rate area and have all my other cars and my house with this company, so i get a number of discounts. I've heard of people paying over $4000 a year if they've got accidents and the other above mentioned problems. It'll vary widely.
      Wow your insurance is like as much as fast food in a year!

$4000 in a year is absurd....that's $333 a month for full or liability? I live in the Dallas, Texas area and will turn 18 in a few months. How much of a difference is there between full and liability? I don't wanna buy my dream car and then have something happen to it and be left at square one AGAIN.

I want to get a no older than 98' T/A because I dig their bodies the most. Ram Air would be a bonus, but not if I can't afford it. Engine type....what's the order of power between the WS6, LT1, and LS1? Is that all of then? I really apretiate it!

Comment

<<< pays $399.90 a month

Gota love being 18 !
        -Nick-
        95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrael
          Wow your insurance is like as much as fast food in a year!

$4000 in a year is absurd....that's $333 a month for full or liability? I live in the Dallas, Texas area and will turn 18 in a few months. How much of a difference is there between full and liability? I don't wanna buy my dream car and then have something happen to it and be left at square one AGAIN.

I want to get a no older than 98' T/A because I dig their bodies the most. Ram Air would be a bonus, but not if I can't afford it. Engine type....what's the order of power between the WS6, LT1, and LS1? Is that all of then? I really apretiate it!
          Order of power..

1 WS6 LS1
          2 LS1
          3 WS6 LT1
          4 LT1

93 -97 is the LT1 and 98 -02 is the LS1

We arent going to be able to help you guess at your insurance. You are best calling an agent or going online to get a quote. Be prepared for the worst, these cars cost alot to drive. Insurance is alot, and the fuel economy sucks... Unless you have it in 6th on the interstate with a soft foot. Proper maintenance costs a chunk too, replacing broken parts....

But, they sure are FUN
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            Order of power..

1 WS6 LS1
            2 LS1
            3 WS6 LT1
            4 LT1

93 -97 is the LT1 and 98 -02 is the LS1

We arent going to be able to help you guess at your insurance. You are best calling an agent or going online to get a quote. Be prepared for the worst, these cars cost alot to drive. Insurance is alot, and the fuel economy sucks... Unless you have it in 6th on the interstate with a soft foot. Proper maintenance costs a chunk too, replacing broken parts....

But, they sure are FUN
            Ah ok....thanks a lot fool. I just wanted to know the average of what YOU guys paid.

$400 is rediculous.

Comment

well

In Texas unless you are paying off the car when you buy it, you will have to carry full coverage, so the difference between Liability and Full coverage doesn't matter.... mine is 212 a mo. for full cov. I also have some of the discounts someone else mentioned so that helps.
              NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
              (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

I pay $600.00 every 6 months so that's $100.00 a month - full coverage State Farm. Maybe its because I'm 23 and under my dad's name? Please don't hate me
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I'm 27, live in FL, and pay about $160 a month with a clean driving record. I use Esurance.com . I was using progressive but they raised my insurance from $160 to $212 after my Formula was totaled after swerving to miss a deer on the highway, D'oh! The rate increase was $45 a month for the accident and $17 just because of a basic increase for FL residents.....Obviously I dropped them like 3rd period french. Also I found out your credit is also a factor. I have a few slight blemishes on my credit record and it hurt me to the tune of about $40 a month. I think insurance is such a racket. I had to wait until I was 23 to get my V8 Fbod because of the insurance. At 18 you're going to be paying through the nose....good luck though

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrael
                    Ah ok....thanks a lot fool. I just wanted to know the average of what YOU guys paid.

$400 is rediculous.
                    No fool here... All my cars are paid for and the insurance cost on all 3 is under $100 / month. I practically drive for free compared to some of these guys here.

But, yes... $400 / month is totally rediculous.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

‘97 T/A
                      ‘79 T/A
                      ‘86 Corvette
                      = $463 (full collector value coverage) per year for all of them. I have them on a classic insurance policy. Lots a of rules and clean record required which makes for a really good incentive to stay clean. NO messing around on the streets for me!
                      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                        ‘97 T/A
                        ‘79 T/A
                        ‘86 Corvette
                        = $463 (full collector value coverage) per year for all of them. I have them on a classic insurance policy. Lots a of rules and clean record required which makes for a really good incentive to stay clean. NO messing around on the streets for me!
                        You take it to the tracks then?

That's crazy...you guys eitther pay absolutely nothing (wow) or insanely amounts of money that I could never make alone working RETAIL.

Comment

I'm 18 and pay $161.00 a month full coverage (50/250). I'm under my parents policy but I'm the primary driver of the car. According to my agent my car is cheaper than my Beretta was because it is safer. This shocked me because this car has twice the power and is worth twice as much.
                          94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

Comment

cant say this is the smartest thing to do but i did for the first year i didnt have any insurance on my car problay saved me a ton of money but one of the dumbest things a person can do
                            1995 formula firebird
                            mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

$67.12 a month for full coverage on my '97 WS6 and I haven't driven it in 9 months!

Comment

Working...
                              X