Sell, or keep ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell, or keep ??

So i got a litle bit of money, and i figure i can get a good price for my car cuz its in great shape n got low mileage. so do i keep it and mod it , or should i sell it and get an LS1 ??? i realy kinda want to but i dont know if its worth it.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

It depends on how much you like what you have. Does it have the basics that you want. Is it an A4 but you want an M6. Is it cloth and you want leather. Do you like the color. You can do a lot of mods with the cost difference. If you sell and buy, you won't have the money for mods.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I wanted m6 but got the a4 and i dont think i would care much which one. im prety easy to please i guess. i just have been thinkin alot about it lately mainly because ive seen my same car go localy for upwards of 7 thousand whith much higher mileage and ive seen 98 & 99 z28's on ebay for around 10. and from what ive heard the ls1 is much beter. i dont realy know that much about it cuz ive never had much of a reason to read on it.
      -Nick-
      95 A4 Z28

Comment

IMO - unless there is something besides the different motor pushing you to change, why change? Like Jeff said, does your car have the basics you want? The LS1 is more powerful stock but, as many here can support, the LT1 has plenty of room to grow with the right funds. What is your goal?

Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Let me know if you decide to sell. I have students who are always looking.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

LS1 > *

LS1 owners know what I'm talking about. There's a mystique to that engine it's not just the engine, its the bragging rights. I'm sure everyone knows how much i paid for my car since i've only said it about 16 kadrillion times, but i got my '98 formula LS1 for only $8300. 69k miles, perfect condition, all options.

another thing to consider... which body style do you prefer?

Comment

I stick with the LT1. I put some mods on and enjoy driving it.

Like Jeff said you buy the LS1 you won't have the money for mods.

And the fingers will twitch to do mods even on a LS1
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                Let me know if you decide to sell. I have students who are always looking.
                Students ???? u teach auto stuff around here ??

oh yea April 17 is opening day at nyirp you guna be there ??
                -Nick-
                95 A4 Z28

Comment

That all depends. If the one you have is paid for free and clear. Stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
                    Students ???? u teach auto stuff around here ??

oh yea April 17 is opening day at nyirp you guna be there ??
                    I am the auto instructor at webster. I am gonna try to come out for opening day - I dont know if my new rear end will be broken in yet, but maybe I will drive my Omni out for some fun.
                    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I guess I gotta be the oddball here and say get an LS1. You can pick a 98 T/A or SS for less than 10K if you look.

The LS1 15° valve angle and the port shapes of the cylinder heads are far superior to the LT1 heads. And I also like the aggressive styling of the LS1 cars.

Comment

I got my 98 TA with 45k miles all opts perfect cond for 14k back in december.

If you wanted with your mods you could get the new fenders and front, and hood to make it look like a late model 4gen. That would probably invovle a too much of your money towards cosmetics though...your choice...i'd get the LS1 if it were me. I like to change the scenery every now and then though..
                        -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                        98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                        98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                        94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

I'd get the LS1 if i were you 95z28. If i had known as much as i do now about camaro's when i first bought my z i woulda got an ls1, i just wasn't much into cars back then.

The LS1 is sooooo much more superior, just look at the stock rear wheel horsepower between the two. The LT1's come stock with around 210-230hp at the wheels whereas the LS1's have been known to get 300hp at the wheels stock standard. Of course everyone knows the LT1's have the off the line torque to jump an LS1 in 1st gear, but once it gets to around end of 2nd or beginning of 3rd theres no way a stock LT1 is gonna hang with an LS1. Plus you did say you originally wanted an M6.

BUT!!! one bad thing about the newer camaros is their ugly front end, well in my opinion the 93-97 front end looks more aggressive anyway. I'd still get a 98+ though if i had the chance

of course the LT1 is an awesome engine, but its just a more modern version of the old chev350. The LS1 is more modern and has much more potential, not to mention that your car is a 1995, wouldn't it be better to get something newer if you're gonna modify instead of sinking cash into an older car. Not to sound mean and all, i'm all for modding, but with an older car theres always the question of "is it worth spending so much on modifying such an old car", I know if i had a 1998+ camaro i woulda spent a whole lot more on modding it then i have on my 93z28. Goodluck to ya
                          93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
                          http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

I vote for the LS1. Even bone stock the cars are very fast and look sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
                            '99 TA M6 (!CAGS), K&N/LS1MS Lid. Still learning as I go.

Comment

Working...
                            X