removing the starter from 95 formula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing the starter from 95 formula

Hey, I got a 1994 Formula im working on and I have to replace the starter. I looked under the car at the starter and there seems like there is no way to get it out unless i remove the exhaust. I read a post I found a few days ago about being able to taking the starter selinoid(sp?) of and being able to get it out, but i cant seem to fing that post anymore . So does anyone know the best way to do this?

Thanks

You need to unbolt the exhaust Y pipe for clearance. If you have an automatic, the inspection cover for the converter and flexplate should be removed for better clearance. Other than that, it's pretty easy once the exhaust is out of the way. Just coat the bolts with PBlaster and let it sit overnight before you start.

Comment

hi
      i removed the starter from my 93 trans am w/a t by removing the cover from the converter and the starters wires . sqeeze the starter to the back of the car, above the exhaust pipe. tilt it and it should come off. oh, remember to disconnect the battery first!! its pretty hard
      93 t/a A4 3.23s
      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
      99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
      99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
      97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
      00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

well got the new starter in. works good! The old one was messed up bad. the cover around the gear that spins the flywhell was completly broke off plus more of the starter housing.
        I didnt even have to drop the Y-pipe. i was able to take apart the starter and ge it up in there, worked pretty good. had to move it around a bit but it finally got in.

Comment

Working...
        X