nfb: friend killed in bike accident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: friend killed in bike accident

Hey Guys , last night i get a phone call about 8:00pm its my ex-coworker from Kragen Auto where i used to work, sounded sad. he gave me the news that the manager had died in a bike accident on the freeway.
    He had just traded his 85ish vette for a speed bike and bought one more. he wasnt to experienced i think.
    Great funny guy, down to earth, and never saw him mad or upset.
    i always told him he was the coolest "whiteboy" i have ever met(no offense to anyone here, we used to play around that way)
    loved cars and he was my "go to" guy. going to his viewing today.

he was an f-body fan also
    Rest in peace Jay Meadows
    Miss My Bird

Condolences.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

wow...it's always sad to lose a friend...regards broh.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Sorry about the loss.

Rest in peace.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

That's really sad, I'm sorry about that man. Rest In Peace.....

Have they determined the cause of the accident? Speed kills, unfortunately, and it's our responsibility to not become a victim ourselves, but there's only so much one can do. Bike's don't offer much of a chance.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that God put his healing hand on those who are in need.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

My condolences.
              Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

i dont know the details yet but ill let you guys know.
                thanks guys for all the support .
                Miss My Bird

Comment

I am very sorry for your loss of a friend, and I know that I am going to get flamed for this, but I am going to say it anyway (sorry).

I just wanted to say that one of the biggest screw ups of this country is that a 16 year old kid can go and get a brand new GSXR1000 and drive it on the street. As a very experienced motorcyclist, I just want to say that any of the 1 litre bikes are very dangerous, especially on the street. Hell, I drove a brand new 600 the other day and I could definetly see how someone could get themselves in big trouble with one. The biggest mistake I constantly see is highly inexperienced people going out and buying a brand new GSXR1k, or even a 750, and thinking that they are invincible. Actually, they don't even have to think that, just the fact that they are inexperienced is bad enough. Now, the reason why I said "this country" is because I think that we should be more like England in this matter. In order to get an "unlimited" motorcycle license and to get a 1k, you have to complete like 5 years of riding smaller bikes until you get experienced enough to ride a big bike. They have to pass a very hard riding test after each year, and this weeds out the people that are simply not very good at riding motorcycles, so they don't hurt themselves or other people on the road.

Now, I'm not saying that this is how your friend died, but this is something that I address whenever someone brings up this matter. It really gets a lot of people thinking of this subject. How did he die specifically though?
                  my car:
                  '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                  check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Condolences...

Theres a big safety concern for motorcyclists in the Air Force. We lose peronell to bike accidents all the time. Its very sad. Sorry to hear about your friend.
                    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

I'll add to Wako's comment that even if driving perfectly on any bike, fast, slow, whatever, there are so many lousy drivers out there that it can be a risk. Even an experiecned biker can also get in trouble through no real fault of his/her own.
                      2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

That is tough! I hate to hear about accidents like that. I haven't had a sport bike in about 5 years, and I hear an earful when I talk about getting another. In response to Wako29's comments, I agree that inexperienced riders have a difficult time on the big bikes, but I also think experienced riders tend to be more relaxed or take more risks. I learned to ride on a Yamaha FZR, bored, stroked, and tuned to race...I was highly alert when I rode that thing, didn't take risks, and it was really hard to practice and take my skills test with that thing loping over. In Washington, where I learned to ride the license was split into two categories, below 500cc and above 500cc...you had to pass the skills test on a bike larger then 500 to get that endorsement. Traffic is a nightmare in a city...never rode mine in rush hour or to work. I haven't bought another because it is becoming too difficult to ride safely in Denver. It is just tough, I feel for the guys friends and family...no matter what we say or the circumstances, the guy is still gone...send my regards to his family and friends!
                        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

yea, I forgot to add that the first thing that they taught us at the motorcycle riding school you have to take to get a license for the street is that the biggest enemy of a motorcycle driver is a car driver . Its so true, they will run you off the road on the street if you aren't careful. Of course, that isn't the case ever since I installed the Supertrapp mufflers, but you guys understand what I am saying
                          my car:
                          '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                          check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

My condolences.

More bikers are killed by cars than by all other means combined. Seriously, I have heard that 75-80% of all motorcycle accidents are because a car pulled out in front of them. Sometimes it doesn't really matter how experienced you are, it's how inattentive everybody else is.

I agree that the newbies buying 1000's is not right, but laws restricting what you can buy is not the way to do it. They'll still buy the bikes, and ride them illegally, like a lot of people do now. Besides that, big guys who want a sportbike can't squeeze on a 600, and some of those bikes don't have the power to push them around. So you'd push big guys off of bikes because a 600 just isn't enough for some of them. There is no easy answer, and the fault lies with everybody. The streetracers, the movies, the motorcycle dealers, the magazines, they're all to blame.

The only thing we can do without infringing on anybody's rights would be to force all riders to take a safety course before they can get a license. Then, preach safety to them. Full gear, full faced helmets, keep the racing to the track. Those who listen will live, those who don't get Darwin awards.
                            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I had a good friend that was racing one his buddies on their two crotch rockets estimated to be going around 180. The other guy tried to cut in front of my friend Randy and clipped the back of a truck and hit the pavement hard. He died on impact they said.

My friend Randy rides much more carefully now!

I am sorry for your loss, our prayers are with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X