Intake Oil Leak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Oil Leak?

My car has a little bit of oil on the front of the engine. It has a low rpm stumble. And the thing that worries me most is that if i'm going around 15 throw it down to first and step on it the oil pressure will drop to around 20-25 psi at 4,000 rpm. (this only happens at WOT) I'm thinking intake oil leak? Could this be causing my stumble and oil pressure drop or is that probably opit or coil. Also I just did plugs\wires about 2k ago.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

the intake leak is usually at the left rear corner facing the front of the car..... not in the front. its not impossible to have one in the front though. no...dont think your'e oil pressure drop is from that anyway..... or the stumble... if the pressure drops like that..its either your motor is "balking".......or..you have one of those bad oil pumps that many lt1's show up with... my CompTa did... it cracked where the base went into the mount... and allowed it to "tilt" backwards (the pick up) on acceleration...........that resulted in my spinning #8 rod bearing..........ouch.

how many miles you have on it?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread but I have 102k on the car. The pressure seems fine under normal driving its just when i step on it especially in first or second that the pressure will drop. I'm beginning to think the stumble is the coil or opti heat soaking and will check the coil if thats not it replace the opti.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I had an intake oil leak...it leaked in the front and the back. I changed the opti, but it was fine (opened it up, it was clean)...I changed my plugs this week and discovered the #4 plug tip was completely gone...of course 900 bux and 1 hour after completing all of the repairs (rear main, clutch, plugs, intake leak, opti), the bottom end went...

this has not been a good week.

Sorry, got off topic...your oil pressure should be going up if you get on it, not down. I don't know what to say about that...
        1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Bad stumble is the opti, mild stumble might be the coil wire, it was on mine.
          1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
          Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
          Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Its a mild to big stumble lol. Seems almost all to be caused by heat soaking. Its not half as bad anymore since I put in a fan switch the only time it seems to happen is after I run the car hard for a while. Does the opti heat soak? I've heard of the coil doing that but does the opti too?

Comment

Working...
            X