nitrous question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitrous question

I've got a NX direct port kit on my 95 z. I have stock 24lb injectors recently cleaned and a Bosch 255 in tank pump. The problem is on the bigger nitrous shots(150) my A/F jumps off the chart lean for about 3/4 a second. I changed my presuure on my regulator and the fuel solenoid is releasing at 6psi. any ideas guys?
    1995 z-28, six speed, centerforce d.f clutch, moser4:10,afr heads, zz-409 cam,full tubes w/ c.o.,nx direct port kit-150shot,hoosier qtp's
    dyno
    NA -356 rwhp, 360ft/lbs
    N20 -510rwhp, 521ft/lbs

Sounds to me like the fuel solenoid needs to be closer to the nozzles, or you need to move the nitrous solenoid farther away. This is very common, and causes major problems the bigger you go. The reason it happens is that nitrous at 900+ PSI hits the jets a lot faster than your fuel at, in your case, 6 PSI. If you move the nitrous solenoid farther away from the nozzles than the fuel solenoid, it allows the fuel to hit the cylinders at the same time as the nitrous does.

This is the number one reason why I don't like wet kits. I've seen cars with the fuel solenoid on the manifold and the nitrous solenoid underneath the car with as much as 6 feet between the solenoid and the direct port nozzles to compensate for pressure differences. Of course, that's a carbureted car with 1000 shot of nitrous, but you get my drift
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
    X