accesory problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accesory problem

ok, you know when you turn your engine off from traveling and still havwe the door closed, the radir still is on and the power windoes still work. well several times i surn my engine off and EVERYTHING shuts off. also when istart my car my radio dosent coe on until i wack it a few times. just qondering what you guys think. i'm thinkin a short in the radio
    1997 Camaro, Z-28, 5.7, Manual 6, K&N cold air intake, custom ram air scoop, ported MAF, Resonator plug, air foil, 160 thermostat, hypertech power programer 3, 3 inch cat-back exhaust, strut tower brace, K&N valve breather, centerforce dual friction clutch, slp short throw shifter, TNL short stick, O2 simulators, Next mod will be 1.6 rockers, pushrods, and springs. any reccomendations?

When you shut the engine off, Does the windows still go up and down. If they do then I'd say it's in the radio.
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

no it acts like i dont have and accesorys when i turn off the car like on my 84 camaro. and i checked all fused and relays and all where in working order. so i'm completely stumped. i took off the glove box to try and find where that relay or what ever it is is located. spent a goo dhour looking at teh wireing diagrams in the hayens manual still couldnt find it.
      1997 Camaro, Z-28, 5.7, Manual 6, K&N cold air intake, custom ram air scoop, ported MAF, Resonator plug, air foil, 160 thermostat, hypertech power programer 3, 3 inch cat-back exhaust, strut tower brace, K&N valve breather, centerforce dual friction clutch, slp short throw shifter, TNL short stick, O2 simulators, Next mod will be 1.6 rockers, pushrods, and springs. any reccomendations?

Comment

I got this from all-data.

The Retained Accessory Power (RAP) System is designed to increase convenience and provide increased security. Some Vehicle Systems will remain operational for approximately 10 minutes after the Ignition Switch is turned to "OFF" or until a door is opened. Other systems will also be operational with Ignition Switch "OFF" whenever a door is open or for approximately 35 seconds after both doors are closed.

PWR ACCY Fuse 7 Operation
        The RAP Module will enable the Power Door Locks, Hatch Release and Power Mirrors to operate with the Ignition Switch in "OFF" whenever either door is open or for 35 seconds after both doors are closed. All components on this circuit will be enabled as long as the Ignition Switch is in "ACCY" or "RUN." After the Ignition Switch is turned to "OFF" and both doors remain closed, the components on this circuit will be enabled for approximately 10 minutes . If either door opens, the 10 minute timer cancels, and the components remain enabled as long as a door is opened.

Radio Fuse 17 And Windows Circuit Breaker Operation
        The RAP Module will enable the Radio, Power Windows and Convertible Top to operate whenever the Ignition Switch is in "ACCY" or "RUN." After the Ignition Switch is turned to "OFF" and both doors remain closed, the Radio, Power Windows and Convertible Top will be enabled for approximately 10 minutes . If either door opens, these components will be disabled immediately.
        Richard Harvey Jr.

Comment

Here is some more info,

Troubleshooting Hints

Perform before beginning System Diagnosis

Check Fusible Link E for open.
          Check Window Circuit Breaker 15, Radio Fuse 17 and PWR ACCY Fuse 7 for an open. If open, replace fuse or circuit breaker. If fuse blows again or circuit breaker reopens, use schematics and DVM to check suspect power circuits for a short to ground potential, either through a faulty component or wiring.
          Check for poor connections at C200 terminals "C1", "E2", "E4", "E6" and "E12".
          Check that G200 is clean and tight.
          Check for a broken (or partially broken) wire inside of the insulation which could cause system malfunction but prove "GOOD" in a continuity/voltage check with a system disconnected. These circuits may be intermittent or resistive when loaded, and if possible, should be checked by monitoring for a voltage drop with the system operational (under load).
          Check for proper installation of aftermarket electronic equipment which may affect the integrity of other systems
          Richard Harvey Jr.

Comment

my god!! *bows* your like an f-body guru!! thanks alot! i'll be tinkerin with it in a few days

Comment

No Problem. If you need anything else, Just ask.
              Richard Harvey Jr.

Comment

From Shoebox's "Tech Pages".... one of the best 4th Gen F-Body resources on the Internet.... you're looking under the dash, to the right and above the accelerator pedal:

R.A.P. Functional Table
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                X