Front turn signal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front turn signal

Ok, I searched previous threads looking for the answer to this question, but I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. Here's my problem...

I have a 2001 Camaro (which I love) but over the weekend the right front turn signal stopped working. It's probably the bulb, but this is how it is acting:

When just the daytime running lights are on, it is not lit. When I put on the turn signal, it is not lit. When I turn on the headlights manually, it lights up. I believe I read where there are actually two bulbs in the turn signal casing? If so, then perhaps only one is burned out? I can't tell just by looking at it.

The second part of the question is, how in the devil do you get to the bulbs?!? It looks like if you remove the headlight casing, you could reach just a little further down and you'd be there. I read in another post where you can get to it from underneath the front bumper, but I don't see how to reach it from there. Has anyone replaced theirs before and perhaps have some tips on how to do this? I really don't want to waste my time taking it to the dealer but they certainly don't seem to make this easy on the do-it-yourselfer. (Ok, I'm not really a do-it-yourselfer, I'm just cheap! heh heh)

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I miss my turn signal!

2001 Camaro V6, stock

There is a single bulb in there with two filaments.........one for the parking lights which come on with the headlights and another for the turn signal and DRL. So that filament is probably burned out. You can get to those lights under the car by pulling the panel down under the front fascia.
    Dave S
    2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
    X