where they makin GTO's at?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where they makin GTO's at?

It was my understanding that the last place that made gm rear wheel drive cars besides the corvette plant was the plant that made the camaros and firebirds in canada,(which s now closed?) and now i find out that the gto is rear wheel drive----where they makin them at?---Australia?---where they make the holden?
    2005 gto red/red 6 spd bought 1/06 541 miles on the odometer now 1999 t/a sold 1/06 1994 b4c police pkg camaro sold in 2001 www.msnusers/com/richards99transam

well it would make sense if they're made in australia since the GTO is basically a Holden Monaro and Holden GTS so I'm guessing holden makes them then ships them to chevy for rebadging.
    93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

Originally posted by zwrangler
      well it would make sense if they're made in australia since the GTO is basically a Holden Monaro and Holden GTS so I'm guessing holden makes them then ships them to chevy for rebadging.
      to Pontiac.....
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Youre right about it being shipped from the down under...but the GTO is made completely there...badging and all. Then shipped to Che...I mean Pontiac.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

thanks

i knew it looked like an awful familiar platform---hey i got 20% smoke tint and eibach pro's 2
          2005 gto red/red 6 spd bought 1/06 541 miles on the odometer now 1999 t/a sold 1/06 1994 b4c police pkg camaro sold in 2001 www.msnusers/com/richards99transam

Comment

There are a number of other RWD's that are sold in the mideast that don't make it over here,,,,,,
            94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

gran prix with v-8?

i heard a commercial that said that they are offering the gran prix with an optional v-8---i guess it's rear wheel drive?---it's probably holden platform also---or is it?

Comment

The Bonneville GXP now offers a 275HP 4.6L Northstar V8. As far as I know, it is still front wheel drive.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by TimeLord
                  There are a number of other RWD's that are sold in the mideast that don't make it over here,,,,,,
                  Lumina SS anyone?? That things sweet.
                  Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

GTO.....V6 or l4 cylinders..info within

Taken from My Pontiac Owner Center News Volume 2 - Issue 1
                    By Model
                    First to the showroom floor will be the G6 and G6 GT versions, both infused with a 200-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine that delivers 220 lb.-ft. of torque. Here are some more highlights of the features that will be offered by the first two G6 models to arrive at dealerships:

G6

Sport-tuned independent suspension
                    Standard 16-inch wheels
                    Four-wheel disc brakes
                    Fog lamps
                    Cruise control
                    Available equipment includes a power sunroof, XM Radio, antilock brakes.
                    GT

Automatic transmission with manual shift mode
                    Disc/disc antilock brake system
                    Traction Control System
                    GT Performance Package (sport-tuned suspension and speed-rated tires)
                    Manual lumbar, heated seats
                    Adjustable pedals
                    Premium Monsoon sound system with subwoofer
                    Two-line CD with Radio Data System
                    GT interior (floor mats, front reading lamps, premium fabrics/trim)
                    Standard 17-inch aluminum wheels
                    Spoiler.
                    Later in the 2005 model year, a G6 2+2 coupe will be offered, followed by the 2006 G6 convertible. More engines will also be available including a 2.4-liter Dual Overhead Cam 4-cylinder engine and a High Output 3.9-liter V6 engine that's expected to produce 240 horsepower and 245 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,200 rpm. Other highlights of the 3.9-liter engine include:

Electronic Throttle Control precisely tunes throttle response for smooth performance in everyday driving and quick response on the highway, with no throttle lag.
                    Variable induction helps decrease the intake runner length at lower rpm and increase runner length at higher rpm for improved response. This technology can be found on more expensive sports cars such as BMW and Mercedes.
                    Variable Valve Timing helps contribute to improved low-end and wide-open throttle performance.
                    Displacement on Demand (DOD) technology helps save fuel by using only half of the engine's cylinders during certain driving conditions.
                    Awesome changes....but still is a V6....and Chrysler look
                    I've seen the Grand Prix ads...beautiful...
                    So, muscle car fans we have Mustang or Corvette behind IMHO
                    Take care
                    Doc
                    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Caprice SS
                      94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeLord
                        Caprice SS
                        That is sweet!! What would it take to get one of those here?
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:
                        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

i watched a pontiac lineup stunt show on t.v. the other night and they had the 350 h.p. rear wheel drive 6 speed g.t.o. and a v-8 northstar front wheel gran prix and they said they had 2 v-6 versions also of the gran prix

Comment

Speaking of Grand Prix, anyone remember the G8 concept?? I'd have been all over that like stink on skunk. V8 AWD 6 Speed Grand Prix. Where's that dotted line?
                            Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Working...
                            X