Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fuel?

Hey everyone,

I am having a problem starting a car. I got it stuck in some deep water. I managed to get the water out of the engine, but now the car will crank but it wont start. I have narrowed it down to a fuel problem. If I spray Starting Fluid into the intake, it will start, but I have to keep the fluid spraying or the car will die almost right away. I found the cars Inertia switch, pressed it, and tried to start it, but it didn't help. What do you think would be effected by this type of water that would create a no-fuel condition?

Thanks,
    Mark B
    No F-Body right now

You really HAVE to include basic data like the year of your car, engine, trans and any signficant mod's. Its virtually impossible to answer a question like this without knowing the basic info.

[Advice deleted since it wasn't applicable.... what a wast of time I'll know better in the future]
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Its a 2000 Ford Focus. 1.8 4-Cylinder, auto. I know that I have spark. I pulled a plug, grounded it, and saw the spark while I cranked it.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Drain the fuel tank, rental car boy.

Fill it back up with 93. Put some GOOD octane boost in it and have somebody inside the car starting it while you keep it running with starter fluid until it clears all the water you sucked into the fuel system.

Glad you got it to fire. You are soooo lucky.

96 TA Sold!
        87 TA Sold!
        80 Z28 Sold!
        74 Formula Sold!
        73 Z28 Sold!
        69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

"You are sooooo lucky"

I know
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...