Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is zaino for me ?

Hello all:

My '95 camaro is black. It does have some pretty good swirl marks in some spot,but are not really too deep,just alot in certain ares. I love the stuff that I am reading about Zaino,but starting with the first stages,has anyone had any luck with it with having swirls ? I just bought a '95 chevy 4x4 extended cab also and definitely want to use it on it too !

Thanks in advance,Ron
    Black on black 1995 base t-top camaro with a 3.4L

Ron do a search on this site about Zaino.

You'll find plenty of info about it.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

The Z-5 polish will gradually fill in swirl marks. If the swirls are REALLY bad you may need to try and correct the problem first. Personally I'd try the Z-5 first, instead of removing a portion of the clear coat. If the swirls are bad it may take several applications to fill them in though.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
      KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

IMHO, you need to have the car "wheeled" out first to rid it of the heavy swirl marks. Then start with the Zaino and you'll be so pleased.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I used Zaino on my black 93 Formula. When I bought it, it had 74,000 miles on it (with plenty of swirls). I put a coat of Zaino on it about every 2 weeks during the spring & summer. And it looked better than brand new.

I would have people ask me all the time if it was a new car, they couldn't believe it was 8-9 years old.

But like I said, don't expect all the swirls to be gone with 1 application. It may take several, depending on the swirls, but you will see remarkable results.

Randy
          99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
          93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Wow that's pretty impressive. Looks like a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Mother
              Wow that's pretty impressive. Looks like a mirror.

sure does..............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Okay so I bought the zaino kit... I use the Z5 and the Z2 with the ZFX accelerator. I mix up 2 ounces of the stuff in those little bottles they give you...

but I'm confused as to exactly how thick you're supposed to apply zaino. Will that 2 ounces cover the entire car? It seems when I put it on lightly, parts of the streak just seem to evaporate and disappear, leaving 'lines' of zaino where it was thicker. Are you supposed to rub it repeatedly, or just apply it in one smooth motion, or what?

Also is it okay to use an electric circular buffer to take the zaino off? I got one for my birthday.

Comment

I knew Ken would have to come along and show me up. HEHEHE

Zaino is da bomb!!

Nothing else touches my cars-- ever...

Randy
                  99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                  93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Originally posted by briantech98
                    Okay so I bought the zaino kit... I use the Z5 and the Z2 with the ZFX accelerator. I mix up 2 ounces of the stuff in those little bottles they give you...

but I'm confused as to exactly how thick you're supposed to apply zaino. Will that 2 ounces cover the entire car? It seems when I put it on lightly, parts of the streak just seem to evaporate and disappear, leaving 'lines' of zaino where it was thicker. Are you supposed to rub it repeatedly, or just apply it in one smooth motion, or what?

Also is it okay to use an electric circular buffer to take the zaino off? I got one for my birthday.
                    A lot of your questions are answered here:
                    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...=Z#anchor26700

and here:
                    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...de=APPLICATION

KnightFire
                    1993 Formula Firebird
                    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

dont use a buffer. put it on very thin. 2 oz's does a whole f body easily. back and forth...nose to tail....roof to bottom. hand buff off. it comes off real easy. electric buffer generate too much friction.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Ok, Thanks for the info guys, I think i'm sold on it. Gonna order next week !
                        Black on black 1995 base t-top camaro with a 3.4L

Comment

My son uses only 0.5 oz., sometimes a little less than that, for an entire application. It goes on VERY thin. Most people easily use under 1 oz. per application.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
                          KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

Working...
                          X