Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEADS????

hey guys
    anyone here that has got their heads done on an LT1 let me know, i wanna know the best place in ontario canada to do it, i am thinkin ARE but just checkin to see if there are anyother places let me know what you had done and teh approximate cost of it also how much more of a difference you found
    thanks
    scott

Tails!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

GTP is in your area

Expensive, but are high quality. My only complaint about them is that they take FOREVER to get anything done, it took them 3 months to get me my heads/cam combo...and they forgot ALL my documentation...which I STILL don't have, so I just have to take their word that I got what I ordered.

Personally I would go somewhere else if I had to do it again...

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Before you even think of doing any business with ARE, go to the CamaroZ28.com bulletin board, and read the horror stories posted by people who have delt with them. I don't know how valid these stories are, but there are so many cases reported of shoddy workmanship, engines not meeting specs, used parts, extensive delays, heads not flowing anywhere near what they were supposed to, excessive costs for undelivered items, etc... I would do a very careful investigation before taking a chance.

Are you talking about having your stock LT1 heads done? There are a few places getting rave reviews, again on CZ28.com. Lloyd Elliot, AI come to mind.

I have also seen excellent results by Lingenfelter on the LT1 and LT4 heads..... but they are expensive.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

My heads weren't done by these guys, but I've talked to them quite a bit when I was in the hunt.

www.advancedinduction.com

I'd highly recommend them, as the prices are outstanding and they are VERY well known around the boards.
          Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Working...
          X