clutch issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch issues

I have a few minor problems which may or may not be related to the clutch and the brake system, but i'm not sure...

1. The clutch itself sometimes goes limp, up to the point where it starts to grab the gear. Usually the clutch will put up a little bit of resistance for that "play" area, like 3-4 inches before it hits that point where it finally engages with the gears (sorry if i'm describing this wrong). But then sometimes all that play just goes away and barely any pressure just drops the clutch all the way to that point where it finally grabs.... doesnt affect the shifting at all, it just seems to eliminate all the resistence before that point. if i kind of "pump" the clutch, just pushing it in and out without ever actually hitting the engage point, the pressure kind of builds back up and its normal again. Again this does not affect the actual disengagement of the clutch, or the ability to shift.

2. Maybe its just that M6's weren't meant to be stuck in stop-n-go traffic, but after 5 or 10 minutes ofcrawling down an interstate, constantly clutching in and out, it just seems to get really heavy and hard to push in. Is there anything I can do to make the clutch lighter, and not so hard to push?

3. This probably isn't clutch related... but if I am cruising along in 4th or 5th gear (say i'm on the interstate) and then i go off a ramp and am coming to a red light, and i begin to brake... there is a certain point that a loud "CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK" noise starts coming from under the car. Its very rythmic, doesn't seem to be tied to the RPMS of the engine (cause i'm not on the gas at all, clutch is in). It sounds as if something is caught in the wheels, and everytime it comes around it bangs on the bottom of the car. As I slow down, the clunking goes slower as well, as if it is matching the cars speed. If I let off the brake, the clunking stops. If i press the brake harder, the clunking stops. There is just a magic spot where *just* the right amount of braking will produce this clunk clunk clunk noise. It almost sounds like something is loose and smacking against some kind of housing it may be in. You can feel it as well as hear it, so something is definitly spinning around and hitting something else. Also at low speeds (like 5 mph), if i go over speed bumps, or otherwise jar the car i can hear the same kind of clunk / rattle noise, but it just does it once, as if i just jarred the loose thing once.

I took the car to a goodyear gemini service center and told them all this, and they said they checked everything out and found no problems. however they are a bunch of idiots in my opinion.

Any ideas?
Working...
X