99 LS1 Cam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 LS1 Cam

I'm going to be getting a cam for my brother soon for his 99 Z28 what do you guys reccomend and how much time to install and cost of cam should I expect?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

How wild do you want to go with the motor?

Comment

Not overkill something that is still streatable but will add a decent amount of power. I'd like something similar to a hotcam for a LT1
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Go with this one for nitrous/supercharger:

Comp Cams S228XH Camshaft 228/232 duration @ .050", .588/.575" lift with 1.7 rockers, 114lsa

or this one for naturally aspirated:

Comp Cams N226S Camshaft 226/228 duration @ .050", .570"/.571" lift with 1.7 rockers, 111lsa

Comment

It all depends on the mods on your brothers car, whether it is an A4 or M6, and future plans/goals for the car. If his car is relatively stock, the money will be better spent updating the exhaust(Headers, Y-pipe) and intake. If he has those taken care of already then the cam would be the next logical step unless he is driving an A4, in that case, you should invest in a Torque Converter before the cam.

Anyway, there are a bunch of variables you should look at. And depending on if the car is A4 or M6, that could be the difference between going with a hotcam setup or something bigger like a 224-228 range cam. I say that because once you get into the 224 range with an A4, you will need tuning.

Anyway, if you want more info, check out www.LS1tech.com Do a search over there and you will find loads of info.

Comment

Working...
          X