push brake hard car pulls to the right

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• push brake hard car pulls to the right

push brake hard car pulls to the right and the steering wheel will also turn to the right when not holding it ?

peter

you have a bad brake hose or caliper on the left side.

Comment

yea, your brakes are screwed up. I wouldn't say to diagnose the problem yourself unless you are pretty experienced in the manner as it requires some special tools and knowledge. To me, brakes and alignment are the very few things that I actually spend the money and have done professionally.
      my car:
      '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
      check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by inspector65708
        you have a bad brake hose or caliper on the left side.
        Yep, happened to me with the same symptoms.
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I say go for it. It's not that hard to fix really. Just loosen the caliper on the left side on take it off the rotor. Be carefull and make sure you don't break the brake hose. Get a fairly lage pair of channel locks, now leave the inside pad on the caliper. Take your channel locks and try to press in the caliper. If you can't get it to press in don't try anymore.(you will just tire yourself) ok now loosen the bleader on the caliper. After you loosen the bleader try to press in the caliper again. BE SURE THAT IF YOU GET IT TO PRESS IN MAKE SURE YOU DON'T STOP PUTTING PRESSURE ON THE CALIPER UNTILL YOU TIGHTEN THE BLEEDER. That way you don't get air in the lines just yet. So if you got the caliper to press in with the bleeder lose you need a brake hose. If it won't press in either way you need a caliper. After that it's all just replacing parts. Good luck. I do this stuff for a living so I know that it can be a pain in the rear. Just don't give up.

Comment

I just replaced the left capier. good sqirt of brake fulid when bleeding but still pulls(steering wheel will turn to the right) when hit the brakes hard. I drive straight and doesnt drift to ether side. The pedal feels firm. Jacked up car and both tires spin ok. tires are newer and pressure is ok. Everything looks good on supenion.

What else should i check could be air in the back line.

peter

Comment

Do you get any type of vibration when your braking hard?

KnightFire
              1993 Formula Firebird
              Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

no vibration or pulsation.

peter

Comment

I have also had the same problem but it's very inconsistant for me doesn't happen everyday but when it happens you know it. I heard that GM has had problems with the ABS unit not allowing even pressure to all 4 tires. I have also noticed that when the back tires are off the ground you have to press the pedal very hard to get them to stop when it gear.
                  I LOVE COBRA'S -
                  THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

same prob

I too have had the same problem. Doesn't happen all the time. Like it was said above when it does happen you know it. No pulsing or vibrating and it still slows like it should....just pulls real hard. I have had my breaks checked a number of times in the past and nothing was ever found to be wrong.

DJ
                    95 Formula LT1 6 Spd

Comment

I don't remember where I read this but I read that on cars with antilock brakes there is a danger of pushing crap back up into the brake line into the antilock solenoid when compressing the piston back in when doing a brake pad change if a brake line compressor is not used. This can cause a blockage that will cause the brakes to pull. I think it was a Chevy TSB.

A friend of mine had his brakes done by a Chevy dealership on his 94 Chevy pickup and now they pull. He went back and asked them if they clamped the brake line and opened the bleeder when they compressed the piston and they said no. They had never heard of that. They would also not fix his truck without charging him.

I have one I got at autozone. I can't find a picture of it online. They look like a plastic wire cutter with a hook to hold it closed.

If the problem shows up right after a brake pad change, I would suspect this.
                      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                      X