Hi, new f-body owner..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new f-body owner..

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.. I recently purchased a 1980 Camaro Z28 in rough shape, and I'll be somewhat restoring it within the next few months, and hopefully driving it a little bit this summer. My name is Dean, I'm in Central CT, and I'm 18 ...

The car was black but the body work has already begun, so its multi-colored.. damn It's at the shop already, and I've been working on it with my body-guy/mechanic, and I'll try to post up some pics if anyone's interested. It is a real Z28, with the hood, lip/fender well kit, spoiler, etc.. and I love it already.

We're building a 350 motor for it, and all we've modified in there so far is a little better cam/lifter combo. I'm not sure what kind is in there now, my mechanic did most of that without me around.. oh well :P It has a Turbo 400 tranny with a shift kit, a B&M shifter in the car (its an auto), flowmaster mufflers, headers, and some autometer gauges mounted in the nice NEW dashboard.. its in great shape. I'm really exciting about the car, and hope it turns out nice.. I think I want to paint it blue Then I might juice it a little bit, down the road It's a big learning experience for me, as most of you could probably tell already. I'll be on the board learning as much as possible

--Dean
    Working on the 80 Camaro Z28 ..
    Now driving a '90 Talon TSi AWD Turbo...

Welcome aboard
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Thanks.. my girlfriend's favorite car is a WS6 just like yours, color and all, and she loved your avatar almost as much as I do

Comment

welcome and good luck with the car

Comment

pics?

Comment

no pics yet i'll post some up eventually

Comment

CT here too

Hey buddy welcome aboard. I am a CT native as well. Check out www.ctfba.com for more like minded CT f-body folks. Our spring opener is coming up so bring your car...or your girls and come join the fun. Our club represents all generations of F-bodies plenty of third genners who could give you tips.

Comment

Working...
              X