Having a shifting problem guys...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a shifting problem guys...

Okay so my friend drove his 98 SS(6speed) down from NY to FL. I just went to take it for a spin and I punched first gear fine and dandy....when I threw it in second there was no second gear it was like neutral. Everyother gear is fine. I also noticed on his car there is a great deal of heat being generated from underthe car right around the shift(underthe car)...dont know if its related He says its always done that but I dunno.... His car has 123000 miles on it and he just replaced the clutch 2300 miles ago....PLEASE HELP! Couldn't really find a problem that was the same in the search....thanks boys
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Sounds like youve got internal problems. If the shifter goes into its slot and theres no gear there than youve got to open the gearbox and see what happened.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Unless an aftermarket shifter is used, there is a danger of shifter over-travel. The result is basically what you've got. Internal rebuild time.

Comment

hes got a hurst short-throw on there right now. He made it back to NY okay...but now hes gotta fix the problem...everyone loves 2nd gear.
        -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
        98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
        98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
        94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
        X