Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help, another broken torque arm bracket!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, another broken torque arm bracket!!!

Ok, I've gone through two torque brackets on my moser rear end from BMR. i've barely raced my car!! I torqued the bolts to 85lbs. any suggestions on this?
    1995 z-28, six speed, centerforce d.f clutch, moser4:10,afr heads, zz-409 cam,full tubes w/ c.o.,nx direct port kit-150shot,hoosier qtp's
    dyno
    NA -356 rwhp, 360ft/lbs
    N20 -510rwhp, 521ft/lbs

How much are you spraying?

Comment

The Moser rear, with its separate bolts for top and bottom of the arm, rather than the "through" bolts that the Strange, or even the stock rear uses is a contributing factor. The Moser layout also causes a problem because the bracket width, from the hole to the edge that contacts the differential housing is too narrow. It generally happens when the top bolts are not extremely tight. Did the bracket break on the bottom at the front-most bolt hole. If so, that is the problem - fatigue.

Are you using the bracket specifically made for a Moser rear? It should have the mounting holes drilled a little differently. I know Spohn has two sets of holes in the bracket, one for the stock/Strange layout, and one set for the Moser.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X