Headlight assembly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight assembly

Before I put the car away for winter I had just gotten it back from the body shop. Had some work done, they had to take apart the front end including the two headlights. Well after I had gotten it back, a couple weeks later the headlights woudlnt stay closed. Right away I thought, another stripped gear. Didn't want to deal with it then figured I would wait till spring. Well now it's time. I took a closer look at both assemblies and I beleive there is post in both frames that act as a stop for the arm that lifts and lowers the head light. Well, on both sides, the post where it is suppose to be is an obvious something was here but broken now spot. Correct me if I am wrong but there is suppose to be a post there to stop the headlight arm. The headlights close then pop up 1/3 way. No crazy vibrating when you try to close or anything like that.

Am I correct regarding the posts and more than likely I will have to go through a GM dealer to get a replacement....ofcourse I will have to order this entire assembly unless I can rig some way to fix it.
    95 Formula LT1 6 Spd

bump and..

What might you have for ideas on fixing versus being ra**d by GM and having to buy 2 new housings.
    95 Formula LT1 6 Spd

Comment

I made a post for it out of a steel rod. Just cut the right size piece of like a 1/4 steel rod, drill a hole, and put a sheet metal screw through it. Cost me $0 to do this. I'll see if i can get some pictures of it.
      1995 Pontiac Formula Firebird 383 Stroker 11.5:1 compression, ASM Thottle body, Custom Grind Comp Cam, MSD ignition, BMR strut, k-member, Upper and Lower control arms, rear control arms, and still a work in progress.

Comment

ok

I can definitely see that working. If you got any pics that would be great.
        95 Formula LT1 6 Spd

Comment

Working...
        X