NFB: a vett to drool over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: a vett to drool over

welli was lookin or some cool vid's to watch and came across a talon vs. a vett. wow that vett just huals!! jut hearing the 2 guys in the talon was funie! but i have the vid if someone wants to hoste it? e-mail me. but i wish i could make my car like that. just to et something linconfelter on my camaro w ould be awsome. speakin of affording. i am looking for a job in so cal. if anyone has anything open (in art or automitive) e-mial me ? thanks
    1997 Camaro, Z-28, 5.7, Manual 6, K&N cold air intake, custom ram air scoop, ported MAF, Resonator plug, air foil, 160 thermostat, hypertech power programer 3, 3 inch cat-back exhaust, strut tower brace, K&N valve breather, centerforce dual friction clutch, slp short throw shifter, TNL short stick, O2 simulators, Next mod will be 1.6 rockers, pushrods, and springs. any reccomendations?

Re: NFB: a vett to drool over

Originally posted by PhantomZ28
    welli was lookin or some cool vid's to watch and came across a talon vs. a vett. wow that vett just huals!! jut hearing the 2 guys in the talon was funie! but i have the vid if someone wants to hoste it? e-mail me. but i wish i could make my car like that. just to et something linconfelter on my camaro w ould be awsome. speakin of affording. i am looking for a job in so cal. if anyone has anything open (in art or automitive) e-mial me ? thanks
    sorry, I had to read that about 10 times before I actually understood what you are talking about, but just e-mail me the vid and I will try to host it. I've never tryed to host a vid, but I'm pretty sure I can do it.
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Re: Re: NFB: a vett to drool over

Originally posted by wako29
      sorry, I had to read that about 10 times before I actually understood what you are talking about

I have seen the video though... the kids in the Talon say "I think he is scared..." right on cue, the guy in the Vette SLAMS on the gas from a 40 roll and blasts off.... the kids are left to excalim "HOLY ******!!!!"
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

that sounds pretty cool.

Yea, e-mail me the vid then so I can host it
        my car:

the project:
        check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by wako29
          that sounds pretty cool.

Yea, e-mail me the vid then so I can host it
          sure.... *looks around* and what e-mail am i sending it to?

sorry about the wierd explanation i was kinda half asleep and druged up from pain meds @_@ arms killing me for some reason.

but send me the e-mail and i'll send you the vid
          1997 Camaro, Z-28, 5.7, Manual 6, K&N cold air intake, custom ram air scoop, ported MAF, Resonator plug, air foil, 160 thermostat, hypertech power programer 3, 3 inch cat-back exhaust, strut tower brace, K&N valve breather, centerforce dual friction clutch, slp short throw shifter, TNL short stick, O2 simulators, Next mod will be 1.6 rockers, pushrods, and springs. any reccomendations?

Comment

check ya PMs
            my car:

the project:

Comment

ok i got my ftp server back up
              http://dragonneo.com/~phantom/vettetalon.wmv

Comment

Silly ricers....those kids have a 103 mph trap in that eclipse. Did they really think they could beat even a stock vette??? Maybe off the line, but c'mon, give me a break! Education through humiliation....I like it.
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

that guy with the Vette posted on another site...said the Vette has a 150 shot...said that when the kids took off, he wasn't ready and then spun real bad in first...N2O doesn't come on before second gear or whatever, but you saw what happened when it did...it's one of my office's favorite videos...
                  1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

lingenfelter vettes = 0wn.
                    Working on the 80 Camaro Z28 ..
                    Now driving a '90 Talon TSi AWD Turbo...

Comment

After watching the video a few times and then doing a timed count from the point of take off, eventhough the Talon jumps him out of the hole, the Vette still over took the Talon before the 1/4 was up.... I would say with the proper launch, that Vette could easily dip into the low 11s.... What do you guys think...

Oh yeah, my 99' Z28 had a sticker on the back that said "Import Killer"... The ricers here in Ky, just loved it.... lol... That guy in the vette should think about putting the same sticker on his car... lol...

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
                      Previous Vehicles:
                      99' M6 Z28
                      98' M6 TA
                      97' Formula
                      96' RS Camaro
                      93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Holy freakin crap!! what the heck is a z-51 anyway? I have never heard of that before. But holy crap, that thing hauls. Dangit!! Now I am jonesing for a Z-28. Razzum frazzum V6...I want a V8!!!!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

A 'Z-51' is just a heavy duty suspension. It has nothing to do with the engine. The Z-51 was a very rough suspension that most people in the early C-4's complianed about be too stiff. I did handle great though! .94 if I remember right for the '84 Vette. No motor but a great handling suspension.
                          '95 Formula A4, 17"x9" wheels, F1 275/40-ZR17, TB bypass, 160 deg. TS, LS1 drive shaft, WS6 muffler, LCA, tie rod Soon to be LT4 heads intake and HOT cam.

Comment

Who beefs up a Talon?! hahaha

Comment

"Too bad you didn't launch it"
                              I love when they start with all their excues why their $12k car cant beat at $50k car.

I about fell over in my chair when they said "We got all wheel drive well rip you out of the hole"

Silly ricers.
                              -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                              98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                              98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                              94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X