Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever hook up a air/ fuel ratio guage in a 94-95 f- body or know how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever hook up a air/ fuel ratio guage in a 94-95 f- body or know how?

anyone ever hook up a air/ fuel ratio guage in a 94-95 f- body or know how?

i think i tap into the purple wire coming from the O2 sensor but i am not sure.
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

First, you need to decide if you really want an A/F ratio gauge. IMHO, all it does is provide you with a nice psychedelic light show. There is very little useful info to be gained, other that confirmation that your O2 sensor is "working".

At idle and part throttle, in closes loop, the gauge will swing wildly from "rich" to "lean" and back several times a second. That is the nature of closed loop control. Only when you start the car up, for the 2 minutes that it is in open loop, or when you go WOT, will the gauge show a "steady" reading. And there are no "numbers"... just rich or lean. Couple that with the fact that the stock narrow band O2 sensors aren't even accurate at the 12.8-13.2:1 you typically want for peak power/torque, and the usefullness of the A/F gauge becomes highly questionable.

If you decide you want one.

Hook it to the O2 sensor signal wire, IN THE HARNESS, somewhere between the sensor harness connector and the PCM. Do not connect it to the wire on the sensor.

The dirver's side O2 wire is purple/white stripe and connects to PCM pin C20 (gray connector)

The passenger side O2 wire is purple and connects to the PCM pin C8.

You can only hook up to one sensor at a time. If you want to be able to read either sensor, run the two sensor wires to a single-pole/double-throw (SPDT) switch, allowing you to choose either to connect to the gauge.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

where is the harness and how do i no where pin 8 and that is?
      1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

It's all available on Shoebox's website:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X