anyone know how to hook up a oil pressure guage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know how to hook up a oil pressure guage

this is jsut for looks, so how can i hook it up in a 94 formula with the LT1?
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

electric or mechanical?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

electronic i think, how can i tell?"
      1994 firebird formula

Comment

Does it have a tube or wires coming out the back?
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

wires
          1994 firebird formula

Comment

You can mount the pressure sensor in a small hole provided right above the oil filter. It was used for the pressure sensor on the 93's only, and then they put a plug in the hole on the 94's when they moved the dash gauge sensor to the top of the block.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

its being used already, any other ideas
              1994 firebird formula

Comment

anyone got any ideas

anyone know how to hook up an oil pressure guage, in a 94 LT1, its an aftermarket, electric, autometer guage, for looks, it has a sender unit
                1994 firebird formula

Comment

You can use a port that is on the left side of the block, above the oil filter to conveniently tap in another oil pressure gauge.

See the plug in this pic that is just below the label "Digits 10-17 of VIN".
                  Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

When you post a thread, keep all the related posts in the same thread. I've merged two of your threads..... I gave you the answer, and then Shoebox gave you the same answer, because he didn't see the material that was already in another thread.

You will get better results (and avoid possibly irritating the people who are tyring to help you) by keeping it all in one thread.

Just a helpful hint.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                      When you post a thread, keep all the related posts in the same thread. I've merged two of your threads..... I gave you the answer, and then Shoebox gave you the same answer, because he didn't see the material that was already in another thread.

You will get better results (and avoid possibly irritating the people who are tyring to help you) by keeping it all in one thread.

Just a helpful hint.
                      No wonder I was confused when I came back to this thread!

What is already in that port? I have been told of some early 1994s that had the factory oil sensor there (like the 1993s did). Your options in that case, would be to put a "tee" there, or go behind the intake where the other oil passage is accessible and use it.
                      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I have a 94 and was just wondering how to just hook one up. I think my guage is faulty and would like to find out what my true reading is. All I want to do is remove the stock one and put a different one on just to test what it is. Does it have to be a certain size?
                        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

You don't have to remove your stock sender. There is an "extra" connection right above the oil filter, on the block. There is a "pipe plug" in the hole. Take the pipe plug out, and match the threads on the plug to the threads on a connection for a mechanical or electric pressure gauge. That is how I did mine, with a -3AN braided S/S line, to a gauge in the car.

Redbird has apparently used this connection already for something else, but you should still have it available.
                          Fred

Comment

yes it is being used for a stock oil filter
                            1994 firebird formula

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
                              yes it is being used for a stock oil filter
                              You've lost me completely.... what does the stock oil filter have to do with the hex-head pipe plug that Shoebox shows in his picture? Do you mean you have added an outboard/relocated aftermarket oil filter, and used that connection?
                              Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X