How loud will this be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How loud will this be?

I'm looking at putting a whole new exhaust on my car and i was wondering how loud an SLP loudmouth system, an offroad y-pipe, and hooker LT's would be. Would the Magnaflow cat-back system perform just as good as the loudmouth? I also wanted to know how important it would be to get ceramic coated headers because if i'm going to spend $200 extra on it i want to know a little about the benefits and how much i need it.
    1993 Formula - 99k
    Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

LLLLLOOOOUUUUUDDDDD!!!!

And if you are already gonna spend about a grand or more to get this done, spring for the extra $200 to protect your investment.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Yeah dude it will be LOUD but I love it. I got SLP headers and cats still and it is louder than both my buddies with no cats. One has Edelb headers and Flow catback and other has just Hooker catback with manifolds. I think if I were going to go with no cats I would want a muffler on my catback. Or at least cats.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernSS
        .... I think if I were going to go with no cats I would want a muffler on my catback. Or at least cats.
        What the?????
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
          What the?????
          lol, yeah i caught that one too. its pretty funny

by the way, I've been thinking of taking out my cats. will it be so obvious to cops that i'm running with no cats or will it just sound like a loud V8 monster??
          93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
          http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

Originally posted by zwrangler
            I've been thinking of taking out my cats. will it be so obvious to cops that i'm running with no cats or will it just sound like a loud V8 monster??
            What will the rest of your exhuast be composed of? What are you replacing the cats with?

BlackFire93:
            Your exhaust will be L O U D! I have Hooker LTs, custom Y-Pipe, no cats, that goes either to a cut-out or through the Spin Tech cat back and its RIDICULOUSLY when I remove the cut-off plate. It's quite nice when I let if flow through the entire exhaust, still pretty darn loud...especially at anything above 2200 RPMs. Of course the sound has as much to do with your motors internals as it does the exhuast components...so every car sounds different...even if they have the same exhaust.

KnightFire
            1993 Formula Firebird
            Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

how does your motors internals make your car sound different

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
              Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by lt1maro
                how does your motors internals make your car sound different
                Cam profile, shape, size, material of heads, valve size, etc

KnightFire
                1993 Formula Firebird
                Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                  What the?????
                  Ohh man I am not that smart. Disregard my tardedness
                  97 SS #C007
                  Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                  SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

I'de like to say....I was driving next to THE LOUDEST MUSTANG I have heard in my entire life last night on my way home from work. It was a GT, but the exhaust on that thing seriously drowned out ANY other noise. My chest shook it was so deep. The a**hole teenager wasn't very nice, giving it short bursts of acceleration for attention and then cuts me off. I was in a minivan, and I still laughed at his sorry but! hahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                    X