How does this deal sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this deal sound

Ok so i was at the track the other day and i was talkin to this guy who has a 99 ss, its got the sport appearance package, realy nice lookin wheels, roll cage, b&m shifter, racing seets, and a pretty good sound system. any way he offerd to trade me for my car and $12000 for his car. i dont realy know if its fair deal or not, blue book on my car is 6200 , but its got some body damage, blue book on that was around 14500.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

I wouldnt do it, for $12,000 you could quite alot to your Camaro.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Dosen't sound like that great of a deal to me. If your car is worth only $4000, and I would think it's worth more, you'd be paying the equivalent of $16000 for his car. Remember most mods don't increase the book value much if at all. Also your car payment would be alot more on that thing and insurance is likely more. I would put some money into yours or sell it and look for a good deal on an LS1 if that's what you are wanting. I don't know if I'd spend the extra money on an SS unless you are collecting or get a really good deal. If it were me I'd get a normal Z or TA and with the money saved mod it and make it much faster than an SS. Just MHO........Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

idk it seems a little much ... but the car is realy amazing. a whole bunch of people were ranting and raving over it at the track on saturday. idk what im guna do
        -Nick-
        95 A4 Z28

Comment

What was he running? Any performance mods? Just appearence stuff, a cage and a sound system dosen't seem that special to me, IMHO.

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

That's a kind of hard judgement to ask from us with such little information. Looks can be deceiving. Try calculating all you could do to your car with that $12,000 versus dropping it all on his car and see where that puts you first.

Comment

basicaly i look as it as paying 16,800 for it ( since i payed 4800 for mine)
              -Nick-
              95 A4 Z28

Comment

Its not like the SS is the equivelant to a viper or anything. Its an SS big deal, with 12 grand you could make yours faster AND better looking. Anyway, the '98-'02 Camaro's dont look much different than yours so it wouldnt be much. About the only thing you cant copy are the headlights. Keep your car, some bolt ons and good tires and you can take him. My 95 trans am is faster than my WS6, check out my profile.
                95 Trans am-3.73 posi, 1.6 rollers, cold air induc. flowmaster, no cat.'s, power programmer w/ 160 degree stat, torque arm, bbk underdrive pulley, 52mm throttle body.

Comment

Originally posted by WS6 freek
                  Its not like the SS is the equivelant to a viper or anything. Its an SS big deal, with 12 grand you could make yours faster AND better looking. Anyway, the '98-'02 Camaro's dont look much different than yours so it wouldnt be much. About the only thing you cant copy are the headlights. Keep your car, some bolt ons and good tires and you can take him. My 95 trans am is faster than my WS6, check out my profile.
                  Get the front blackouts and your car will look IDENTICAL!

lol, but seriously, for 12K you could make one mean ass Z!

Comment

yea, I wouldn't do it.

For 12k, you could build a nice motor (maybe go boosted), get a nice rear end, get the tranny worked on, some nice appearance mods, and you could smoke that guy on anything he has.

Why, exactly, are you REALLY considering it? I mean, 12k is a lot of dough, but did the appearance really impress you? Or was that it was OMGly fast, or what? (or was it even that fast at all?)
                    my car:
                    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

but the 12k is in loan form ... its not like ive got 12 grand layin around.
                      -Nick-
                      95 A4 Z28

Comment

Working...
                      X