RODS and ROD BOLTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RODS and ROD BOLTS

Ok, I have Pontiac 400, I had the works done at the machine shop on my block (cleaning, Bored, Crank Cut, Rods surfaced...)
    Not think ahead of time, I bout a set of ARP Rod bolts after I got the Engine back. So, I called up my machinist to see what he would charge me to put in the the new Rod bolts. He tells me that If he puts the new bolts in, he has to resize/cut the rod caps inorder to use the new bolts. So an addtional $13/per Rod. Is this correct?? This is my first engine buildup so I have no clue, but i dont understand, since he already surfaced and resided them to spec why the bolt would change that?? If this is the case, is it ok to use the factory ones for a moderatly performance built Pontiac 400??

It is because of the effects of pressing the old bolts out and new ones in may cause a change in the roundness of the rod end. So, they have to check and resize as necessary. If you want it to be as perfect as it can, that's what you have to do.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
    X