lt4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lt4

how much would it cost to upgrade to an lt4 not the kit its self but all the things needed to make it run right parts and prices would be very help full
    thanxs jon
    1995 formula firebird
    mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

ALong with the basic kit, I would get a larger throttle body, headers, and a PCM reprogramming is a must. Send it to Ed Wright at fastchip.com and tell him what you did to the engine.

THe whole thing should cost about 3500 and be good for 400+ HP.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

$3,500.00-$4,000.00 is a real good estimate, there will always be things you don't expect, seals, gaskets, stage 8 hardware, replacing parts you break when you remove them...finding damaged components and replacing those as well...once you total everything up and think you have a real solid number...add a thousand.

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

to make an LT1 a REAL LT4? Wow, it would be more work/money than necessary IMHO. I have this doc that I printed that tells all the differences, and there are quite a lot. Just google it, or it might be on here.

But, port the LT1 heads really well, get a nice roller cam, 1.6 rockers, get ARP studs and bolts and all, punch the LT1 out a little, and get some nice internals, and that should outdo any LT4 conversion.

Remember, the LT4 used the 4-bolt main block as well, so you would have to really build a LT4 from the ground-up to do it right.
        my car:
        '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
        check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Working...
        X