Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Exhaust for my setup?

Hey guys,
    I was just wondering what the best SOUNDING exhaust system would be for my setup. I have a 1970 Formula 400 Firebird, and I'm going to be putting a rebuilt 400 into it soon. So what exhaust system sounds best with a 400 in a 70' firebird?

I have "FlowTech Warlock Racing Mufflers" on it right now, those are the ones where you can uncap them and, they are definitely, very very loud but they don't sound as good as I'd like.

I know FlowMaster is good of course, and their loudest muffler is the FlowMaster 2 chamber 40 series.

Anyone have any ideas? I want an exhaust that sounds really good, but is also really loud, or at least as loud as I can get it with it still sounding really good.

I'm by far not an expert on exhaust systems, but I tell you what I would recommend. I don't know if you have headers, but if you don't, I would recommend full length headers. You will be making enough power to benefit from them (I don't ). As for exhaust, I would say a 2.5" or 3" true dual exhaust system with a X-pipe or crossover tube should sound really good. As far as mufflers go, I have no idea.

Like I said, I'm no expert. But, pretty much any car with headers and true dual exhaust will sound mean and aggresive, but not too loud.

Hope this helps. Oh yeah, and good luck on your car!!
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Working...
    X