Engine Stalls Help! Plz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Stalls Help! Plz

My engine, had first stalled at a stop light. It just kinda didn't want to run....it started to sound like it was shutting off. So i gave it a little gas and feathered the throttle. It came back and seemed like it was okay. So i pulled into a parking lot, where i let it set for a few minutes idling...then it just turned off by itself. I noticed that when it idles down the road, it'll do alright, but at the slightest touch of throttle...it bogs down....now i can give it excessive throttle and if i can get past the bogging it will start revving pretty good. So my first guess was the fuel filter was clogged (start small), but that didn't help, so i tried a vented gas cap ( i had lost my other one and bought a regular cap)...thinking that the vacuum might be working against the fuel pump. Then after that didn't work, i changed my fuel pump. After that it took me a long time to start figuring the fuel still had to make its way through the lines and the new pump. And it seemd to idle then stop, idle then stop, finally idled for like ten minutes till i turned it off. Later tonight i was actually able to take it for the test drive...which didn't turn out good when the engine started bogging and when i had gone to start it, it was like trying to start it the first time...it took forever and would idle and then die. So now my question for everyone is, has anyone had this problem, and what did you do about it. Thanks

BTW, stock 350, no emission, carbureted.

Comment

Working...
    X