X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *nfb* U or Me...we'd be in jail!!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...gun/index.html

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Congressmen, Senators, Reps, can not get arrested unless it is a felony. That's what my Govt. teacher said.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

They also can carry a concealed weapon without a license. I was shocked when they told me that when I got my license. Judges, X police can too. I wonder if they still have to get a license but it is free.

Actually I don't think this is a big deal at all.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That Ain't All!

Put my Mother on a plane. Took her to the gate in a wheelchair. They searched her three times on the way to the gate and once again before bording even though she had been in plain sight of the gate agent all the time. At the same time, others who would certainly arouse suspicion were allowed to board without hesitation.

Get this - Congressmen can handle secret documents in their offices without secured storage! They can leave them laying on the desk and walk out without fear of getting thrown under the jail for such acts. Any of us try that and we will never see the F-Body again!

Comment

They can also steal, have sex with minors, murder, commit adultery, be drug addicts, be connected with organized crime, lie under oath, etc. etc. etc.

In other words, we do not hold our elected officials to the same standards as the rest of us are held to. Who's to blame? Everyone who chooses not to vote/vote these guys/gals out of office, that's who!

Unreal....
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Not a biggy! Although, not too good to not know where you put it last...I know where mine are at all times. I would probably carry if I was in that line of work.
            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

ive had a concealed weapons permit since 1986, and ill be derned if i ever forgot where my handgun was........

wonder if he sets his bag down in the family room at home and walks off and leaves it for Jr. to investigate..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                wonder if he sets his bag down in the family room at home and walks off and leaves it for Jr. to investigate..........
                Nobody can evaluate the conditions and circumstances of somebody else's household. My sister and brother-in-law live on a Ranch in Western Colorado. I can't remember them not having a loaded .357, 30-30, and .22 rifle at the door. ...for obvious reasons with predators and livestock. All of the kids out there grew up with guns accessible in the house. They were taught to shoot at young ages, and never messed with them. My niece is still around along with the rest of her friends...since we were only two years apart (I know), we never never messed with them growing up. Although, we did get to go out and shoot, supervised, when we wanted to. You know, I kinda wonder why he didn't realize that he forgot to store his firearm...but it is not my place to judge his particular circumstance. Just recently, I found two .45 clips that I thought I lost in my main travel bag. I was kinda amazed that I never got stopped at a screening station with them. Incidentally, I have had my permit since '92, and I am off to Front Sight again in September for another 4 day defensive handgun course...always in training. I keep them locked away from my three year old, but as soon as he is able, he is learning about the whole thing.
                '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Re: That Ain't All!

Originally posted by Thomas L. Parker
                  Put my Mother on a plane. Took her to the gate in a wheelchair. They searched her three times on the way to the gate and once again before bording even though she had been in plain sight of the gate agent all the time. At the same time, others who would certainly arouse suspicion were allowed to board without hesitation.

Get this - Congressmen can handle secret documents in their offices without secured storage! They can leave them laying on the desk and walk out without fear of getting thrown under the jail for such acts. Any of us try that and we will never see the F-Body again!
                  We are never going to stop terrorism until we stop searching little old ladies and start looking for terrorist. Profiling be derned. LOL

As for the secret documents, everybody with clearance has to go to a yearly briefing on how to handle classified, secret and top secret documents. It comes with like a 20 page booklet that you have to sign and turn in. You are not allowed to leave them laying around. They have to be in a red folder marked on the front what level they are. When you leave them, they have to be locked up. If they get caught doing that they are in big trouble. Maybe it's tighter where I work but I sure would like to catch them doing that.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

...Regarding some of the generalizations made. ...this sounds pretty indicative of our population...we all have problems. I have known several people from police officers, to ranchers, to teachers, to other professionals who have become involved in local, county, and state politics who were then elected to Congress. Many of them are good good people and some of them are bad apples, but hey we have a lot of good people across America and some bad apples. I am not that thrilled about generalizations...I have a lot of friends in these offices who I think are good people. It is a difficult job, and not one I envy. Of course, there are a few power brokers in DC; but, there are a lot of ordinary people who have headed out there...they are faced with party politics, public opinion, personal philosophy, deviating special interests who represent different secs of public opinion, ridiculous budgetary proliferation, and so on. They spend weeks away from their families...their personal life is a billboard for all to see. It is enough to drive anybody a little mad if not a little forgetful.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ooo... <sitting here with popcorn> this thread should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X