service engine soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service engine soon

hey guys, i pulled the plug for a speedo and all odometer and guages because my speedo was off by about 20-30 mph because of a gear ratio changeand it was adding about 5 miles for every mile i went, and with it out sumtims my car runs really bad it bogs down at wot, and put it back in while the car is running and the service light comes on. yesterday when i shut the car off it reset the warnging but today i started the car back up and it woudlnt shut off i tried about 5 times then waited a half hour and started and the light wasnt on. could this be because of the fuse pulled , also i hooked up air/fuel ratio guage, could this have anything to do with it?

sorry this thread was so long

any help appreciated
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

I would put the fuse back in. It's better to be off by 5 than not having your car run at all.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

If it was working fine before take it to autozone and have them run their computer diagnotic on it. They do it for free and it'll tell you where the problem is. If its always been a problem since your gearchange then you might just need an ECU adjustment or something. I'm not familiar with that mod though so take it for what its worth...

and no need to apologize for your thread length. As long as you keep it shorter than wolfman's signiature your okay. (just messin with you wolfman)
      -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
      98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
      98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
      94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

autozone cant , only 96 and up
        1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
          autozone cant , only 96 and up
          poop
          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Try Murrays if there's one near- they can rent you a scanner for OBD1 or might go out and scan for you if you ask nicely

Comment

Working...
            X