gas mileage help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas mileage help

i am getting very bad gas mileage, a lot worse then i have been getting and i was wondering what i could cheak or change to improve it...thanks...
    1998 v-6 Firebird, t-tops...
    mods: flowmaster exhaust, K&N air filter, 3.73 gears, cold air induction, whisper lid, ac delco rapidfire spark plugs- running with mobile 1 synthetic

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506859

Do you geat fuel odor coming from the rear on the driver side?
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

yea i have that problem as well, i have a 95 V6 manual 5speed and if i wanna drive the way i wanna drive in teh city i hardly get 11-13mpg and if i take it easy with a feather foot and shift arround 2k rpm i hardly break 15-16mpg .... on highways at 70mph it gets arround 23.5mpg, over 85 mph unknown but probbaly arround 20mpg..... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not running cats might be one of my problems, in need of 1 or both oxygen sensors might be another problem but definatly NOT that bad on gas mileage right????????????wrong ??????

Comment

no, there is no fuel odor, just getting worse gas mileage then i used to...any suggestions.?
        mods: flowmaster exhaust, K&N air filter, 3.73 gears, cold air induction, whisper lid, ac delco rapidfire spark plugs- running with mobile 1 synthetic

Comment

can bad/faulty oxygen sensors mess up fuel mileage THAT bad!? 11-13 city 15-16 hway on a V6 3.4l

Comment

Always start with the basic tune up like plugs wires, pcv, air and fuel filters and go from there. Those must be in top shape before you try messing with other things.

Comment

yes bad 02s can mess up ur gas milage very bad depending on a few things...but 02s can deff have an adverse afect

Comment

now that i think about it when i was sitting at a red light i smelled a small gas smell on the drivers side...could that be the prolblem and if it is what could it be..

thanks.

Comment

I have a similar odor coming from the rear, from what I udnerstand that is where the evaporative carninster is located for the emission system, that could beshot, I believe it's $45 from Gm.
                  1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                  "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

i AM getting that gas smell, does that thing (evaporative carninster ) affect gas mileage? if it does ill replace it, if not is there any effects for keeping it malfunctioning?

i get gas smell when i turn the car on or off, but not during driving... or maybe i just dont realize it that much... why does it give out smell what does it do??

Comment

change out your fuel filter check your O2 sensors
                      -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                      98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                      98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                      94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
                      X