are there DIY T-Tops kits????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are there DIY T-Tops kits????

can T-tops be done on a regular camaro? if so what do i need? if there is a kit please advise. website/prices greatful
    if no kit what parts do i need? maybe just get the top windows and start cutting??

There was a guy on here a couple of years ago that did that to his car. It looked stock when he was done. He had a site set up that had detailed instructions and pictures about how he did it. maybe someone on here knows the site address?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I found this.
      http://community.webshots.com/album/87710900fRZkIZ
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I was going to mention that guy too. its not an easy task...but all the cars have the right cut outs for it. An easier way might be to buy a roof t-tops and all and have a body shop weld it on? you would need a new hadliner anyway...buy the whole roof from a wrecked TA / camaro

Comment

You might want to mention what year car you are talking about. They are not all the same. The links people are giving you are for a 4th Gen. Is that what you have?

The guy that was a regular here, until he wrecked his car and sold it was Dave Wendland.

http://www.dw-zone.com/

Click on "My 94 Formula...." and look for the T-top info. Lots of written info and pictures.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I did the conversion in 2002 on my Formula. I used Dave's site for the reference. It's looks worse than it was. Here are some pictures. Shoot me a email if you have any questions.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ggj1028

Gary94Formula
            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

great thing about the 4th gens..the roof is already set up for T-Top, it's just a matter of getting the composite outer skin, headliner weatherstripping and glass...

i was gonna my 93, but traded the car after my first daughter was born...
              1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Working...
              X