Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zaino problem.....all you Zaino peeps inside!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaino problem.....all you Zaino peeps inside!

I washed my car yesterday. Even though the sun was shining on it, I was very carefull to keep everything hosed down real well until I could dry it. Even so, I wound up with water spots everywhere. And on a black car they really stand out! The funny thing is, they even showed up on the panels that were not directly in the sun. What gives here anyway? I tried several different methods to remove the spots including the gloss enhancer, claying, rubbing alcohol, but in the end the only thing that worked was a mild polishing compound which probably removed most of the Zaino too. After all that work, then I put two more coats of Zaino back on. It looks OK now, but I never had a car with a normal "wax job" do this to me in the past. Since I have been washing and waxing cars for more years than I care to remember, this experience has soured me on Zaino a bit. If this happens again, it's probably goodbye Zaino. Anyone else ever have this problem?

Dave S
    2000 Black Camaro SS

There is an easy fix for that problem: Wash only one section of the car at a time, like say.....start with the roof, then the hood, then the hatch....etc., drying each section right after rinsing. It's tedious, but being the owner of a black car too, I know that this is about the only way to ensure that there are no water spots. It's worth the time and effort to get the shine that the Zaino will give you. Also, I don't think it is the Zaino's fault....that is going to happen with just about any polish or wax.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I get a flawless finish on a black car and here is how you do it:

As you wash the car in the shade, keep a mist going over the portions already cleaned. Eventully getting to the point that you are merely rinsing, but all panels are wet.

Next, take a synthetic chamois and start drying the car. It's the only way I've ever been able to keep waterspots off of any dark colored vehicle. Work from the t-tops down, frequently wringing and tuning the chamois. The finish looks like a black mirror.

Don't know how you ended up with waterspots if you dried it.

Comment

i've never got water spots on any of my vehicles. and mary's new envoy sits outside all the time cause the hawk is in the garage. my envoy takes up the space the CompTA used to in garage. when mary drove the hawk as an everyDayDriver...sometimes it rained on it at her office..sun came out...dried up....no spots.

you might have hard water...... do what joe said.

remember the key though, zaino is not water soluable....wax is.....you think ur water spots are bad now...drop zaino and use wax..... then you will be cussing.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Could be that the optical properties of the Zaino made water spots you already had more visible.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

water spots are from hard water...so rain doesnt usually make water spots and neither does water from taho there water is totaly filtered and like 99% crap free

what really makes spots is hard water..like in parker AZ where my grandparents have a house there water is so hard itl turn a car white the water spots are so bad

obviously if u dry it off u shouldnt be getting water spots but in the case of my grandparents house it would only take 5-10 mins for the water to dry and the spots to setup

so washing ur car in the shade will help being that the water will not dry as quickly on ur car..but if it is hot outside ur fighting a lossing battle

i suggest one of those mr clean car wash things..i use one and they work great even in AZ. the only problem with it is if u wash ur car like 2-3 times a week or u wash 4 cars a week the filters get used up quite quickly

hope that helped

oh also..rain can cause water spots if theres a thin layer of dirt on ur car that the water can catch in the droplets so clean/waxed car= no rain water spots least from my epirience

Comment

It may also be that the spots are under the Zaino. You may need to remove the old water spots and do as suggested about not getting new ones.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
              KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

After thinking about this whole thing, I know exactly what you did. Do it again, you'll get spots.

NEVER wash the car in direct sunlight.

This heats up the body panels and literally evaporates the water too quickly, leaving behind a residue from hard water. I remember doing this a few times many years ago until I figured it out.

Wash it in the shade only! Then, your finish will look stellar.

Comment

Working...
                X