I got my engine!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my engine!!!

About a week ago I took the day off work and picked up my brand new 383 short block with forged pistons. Now that I have blown all my money on the short block I have to save up for heads, carb, intake and headers....That will be about $2000-$2500later. I guess I am a real car nerd because I stood there looking at it once I got it on the engine stand for about 5 minutes....just starring at it.
    When I open the hood I want it to be eye shoking...just a nice looking engine, so.... I am going with black silver and chrome, what do you think? anyways I will post pics in a few days.

Chrome:
    headers
    timing chain cover
    intake manifold
    rocker (valve) covers
    air cleaner top
    upper and lower radiator hoses

Black:
    pullies
    block
    hoses (obviosly)

silver:
    oil pan
    bellhousing
    heads

opinions???
    82 camaro x2:
    82 z28 w/ 305 (for now) 4 speed saginaw
    82 berrlinetta with 350 .060 over...3 speed auto

The Z28 is back under the knife, after the transmission, now its the entire engine....will post pics when all finished.

Sounds like it gonna look sick!! I am a big fan of chrome, but not too much, and your choices sound just right. Which car is the 383 going in? The Z28 you have listed?
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Re: I got my engine!!!

I guess I am a real car nerd because I stood there looking at it once I got it on the engine stand for about 5 minutes....just starring at it.
      [/B]

Only 5 minutes? I'd probably call all my friends over and drink a case just to look at it and talk about all the future mods. Of course, all my friends are gearheads too.

Good choice! I have dreams of 383's dancing through my head too. Look into Brodix heads. A little pricey but I've seen some killer flow tests from them.

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Working...
      X