X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mitsubishi's gone out of business

No more evo!!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._mitsubishi_dc

DaimlerChrysler to pull plug on Mitsubishi?

DaimlerChrysler AG said Thursday it will not proceed with a $6 billion-plus bailout of Mitsubishi Motors, leaving the future of the struggling Japanese automaker in doubt. The announcement is an about-face from reports last week that the German automaker would increase its stake from 37 percent to more than 50 percent by 2007 at a cost of $3.8 billion by buying up more stock as part of a broader bailout that involved Japanese creditors.

"In an extraordinary meeting on April 22, 2004, the Board of Management and the Supervisory Board of DaimlerChrysler have decided not to participate in a capital increase planned by Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) and to cease further financial support for MMC," said an official statement from DaimlerChrysler.

"This clearly means separation," a DaimlerChrysler spokesman told Reuters, adding that the 37-percent stake would be booked as discontinued business until a buyer could be found. The decision will be explained by DaimlerChrysler chairman Juergen Schrempp today.

Is there some way to make Suburu go away? Our Father...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
      Is there some way to make Suburu go away? Our Father...
      What do you have against Subaru? Ever drive the WRX or the STi?

Besides, isn't Subaru owned by GM?
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        What do you have against Subaru? Ever drive the WRX or the STi?

Besides, isn't Subaru owned by GM?
        First of all, they are getting real fast, giving the import & rice crowd some credentials. Second of all, they are still real ugly 4 door econoboxes. Third, it won't be me getting my fanny handed to me on a platter, but i can see some F-buds getting waxed by those things, and it's only going to get worse.

So howcome you love them so much?

Comment

First of all, they are getting real fast, giving the import & rice crowd some credentials. Second of all, they are still real ugly 4 door econoboxes. Third, it won't be me getting my fanny handed to me on a platter, but i can see some F-buds getting waxed by those things, and it's only going to get worse.

u gota give credit where credit is do..otherwise its nothing but a huge pissing contest

they are fast but have there limitations =)

Comment

Fast is fast, and you have to give credit where it is due... the STi would smack a stock LT1 in the 1/4 mile, and probably beat a stock LS1 pretty bad too.

I like them so much because I like cars for what they are, not where they come from. A 300 HP turbo-charged AWD beast is an absolute blast to drive, no two ways about it.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Mike71
              u gota give credit where credit is do..
              Not if I have guys like you to do it for me.

otherwise its nothing but a huge pissing contest
              Huh?

they are fast but have there limitations =)
              I guess you could say that about anything.

Comment

I have driven the 2.5 T [in snow] the WRX and the WRX sTi !!!!

If you think your F-Body is fun,try one of these go-karts,they are insanely fun.

Not the feel or punch of our cars,but so much giddy fun,this should be illegal to anyone under 25,,,

They are a blast,not in my plans to buy one,but if one pops up used for a good price,can't beat it for Bang for the buck!!!!

P.S.// Mitsu is a long way from being out of business,they will just get new shareholders,likely from the mid east!!
                94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Competion in the market is good, I give the Subaru and Mitsu respect where it is needed. Two different approaches to making power and it works, maybe the General should take a hint.
                  1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                  "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

well, I've never been a big fan of mitsus, except the EVO.

but, Subarus are very well made, an absolute blast to drive, and are the best bang for the buck out there IMHO. They are not the absolute greatest in the 1320, but take one in the trails or in snow sometime. The AWD is really fun to play with, and it is probably gives you the most fun legally out of a car. And your not liking it because it is fast and can beat an F-Body? Sounds like an ex-Mustang owner , jp
                    my car:
                    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

I can't wait untill the new Evo MR comes out. Road and Track says 0-60 in 4.3 seconds! For $33k. .9g on the skidpad. Respect it or not. Aren't many F-bods out there that can match that.

96 TA Sold!
                      87 TA Sold!
                      80 Z28 Sold!
                      74 Formula Sold!
                      73 Z28 Sold!
                      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

well the sti is fast but i dont see it wooping our cars ive already beaten the only 2 in town 1 brand new my friend got it last week and it was pretty close but i still won
                        theyre nothing special in my opinion just a whole load of hype

Comment

Originally posted by TrAnS Am 98
                          well the sti is fast but i dont see it wooping our cars ive already beaten the only 2 in town 1 brand new my friend got it last week and it was pretty close but i still won
                          enter ANY sort of motorsport besides drag racing, and you will see what the "load of hype" is all about
                          my car:
                          '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                          check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by TrAnS Am 98
                            Drive one,then comment!!!!!
                            94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Mistu has been in the all wheel drive turbo business a long time. In our stable we have a 95 3000GT VR4 Spyder. hard top convertable...dual turbo...all wheel drive. Its not an evo and my LS1 is faster but this car is incredible and for its day it was one of the most advanced machines on the road. Its still quite an eye catcher no doubt. I appreciate all performance cars and while Trans Ams are near and dear to my heart I am always happy to see a well done import thats not all stickers and wings. If its a really done car its no different then the effort that we all put in. Its still turning wrenches and not all import guys are jerks...just like not all f-body guys or corvette guys are nice ya know?

Comment

Working...
                              X