will i benefit from headers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will i benefit from headers?

how much would i benefit from headers on my 94 formula with internally stock, besides bolt ons
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

i cant say 100% for an f-body..but generally cars react very well to running headers. especially if u have an after market exh. and intake

"an engine is basicly an air pump the more air you suck in the more air you need to push out"

general rule kinda thing. agian i dont know for sure though

Comment

Big time. The stock manifolds on LT1 cars are extremely restrictive. I picked up .5 and 5 MPH in the 1/4 with a full exhaust system over stock.
      Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Ive heard of some f-body's only pick up 1 tenth and then heard of some like Fastbird 93 pick up .5. So I guess it depends how strong your motor still is. Also, the brand of hearder maes a difference too. Long tubes will pick up more tenths than shorties. And the only hearders that i would go with is like a jet hot long tube, hooker super comp, or flp long tube, or dyna tech longtube. I have heard great gains from these.
        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Long tubes can kiss me you know where. I'll stick with my Arizona Speed and Marine, thank you very much.

Comment

Well sorry man, I dont know every header under the sun. I never heard of Arizona Speed and Marine? How are yours, price, mid length, shorty, explain more.
            Tom
            1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Naw, that's just my way of saying I'm not a big long tube fan.

Arizona Speed and Marine are mid length design, very high quality, and pricey headers. They're more than competent for most vehicles.

http://store.yahoo.com/azspeed/

Comment

Re: will i benefit from headers?

Originally posted by redbird94
                how much would i benefit from headers on my 94 formula with internally stock, besides bolt ons
                With headers, the more you have done to your car (engine & exhaust) the more it will help. A comepletely stock f-bod will probably only see 1/10 difference, but a car with good induction, cam heads and a nice flowing exhaust, a pair of headers will knock a 1/2 second off easy. What bolt ons do you have??
                95 Trans am-3.73 posi, 1.6 rollers, cold air induc. flowmaster, no cat.'s, power programmer w/ 160 degree stat, torque arm, bbk underdrive pulley, 52mm throttle body.

Comment

Re: Re: will i benefit from headers?

Originally posted by WS6 freek
                  With headers, the more you have done to your car (engine & exhaust) the more it will help. A comepletely stock f-bod will probably only see 1/10 difference, but a car with good induction, cam heads and a nice flowing exhaust, a pair of headers will knock a 1/2 second off easy. What bolt ons do you have??
                  My headers/exhaust (I did it all at once) gave me a solid verified .5 and 5 mph in the 1320.

Comment

cold air intake, tpis air foil, trickflow intake elbow, flowmaster muffler, 373 gears
                    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Comment

Sounds like you could benefit from headers, but considering the price of the headers and the installation cost (which is pretty high) you could probably get just as much or more horsepower from 1.6 roller rockers, then either an underdrive pulley or a bigger throttle body, probably a 52mm. you could do all 3 and still come out cheaper with more horsepower. you can install all 3 of these yourself with a little help from the internet. Dont attempt the header installation unless you have a good shop, a lift, and someone who has done one before. Or if youre looking to drop your 1/4 mile time, go with some suspension upgrades( torque arm or lower control arms) Even some drag radials. I know you gotta be spinning like crazy with those 3.73's.
                      95 Trans am-3.73 posi, 1.6 rollers, cold air induc. flowmaster, no cat.'s, power programmer w/ 160 degree stat, torque arm, bbk underdrive pulley, 52mm throttle body.

Comment

Working...
                      X