Cars in the shop :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars in the shop :(

Well i guess there are pros and cons for the cars of ours to go to the shop. I blew my tranmission, and I finally got enough money to get a new one. It's been in there since last thursday at 7am. I am starting to get really depressed cuz I have been driving a 97 hp 1991 Mercury Topaz. This is so brutal, the only good part is that I am getting like 35mpg and not paying $2.20 per gallon. I ran a 14.0 bone stock in my 96 T/A with warped cylenoids and I couldnt shift into 3rd gear for some reason. So konw with a new trans and my 3.73's hopefully I will hit like a 13.5 or 6. Wish me luck
    Ok well now I am just rambling on so I'll let you go.
    I can't wait to get you back PURE PWR.
    I miss you, tear, tear, tear, weep, tear
    Tom
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

There there. At least you have something to drive. It's a whole lot better than nothing. It will be OK. She's at the doctors getting all fixed up now. She'll be home soon.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

lol.

Comment

least you car doesnt have 80hp at the crank

Comment

Originally posted by Mike71
          least you car doesnt have 80hp at the crank
          Geo Metro?

Comment

You will live

I've been driving mine only once since Sept. 10, 2003. It was about two weeks ago when I took it down the street (1/2 mile) to the body shop to have the ram air hood put on and the car repainted.

Talk about withdrawl symptoms

Even the Chevy Malibu I have as a rental at work is starting to feel fast
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Re: Cars in the shop

Originally posted by purepwrta
              Well i guess there are pros and cons for the cars of ours to go to the shop. I blew my tranmission, and I finally got enough money to get a new one.

I hope you sprung for a bigger stall converter. You will be much happier if you did. And while you are at it, you might also want the tranny shop to install a tranny cooler. Just a couple things to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Mother
                Geo Metro?
                no tracker! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike71
                  no tracker! =)
                  close enough!

Comment

when u get your car back i wanna run u broh

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
                    Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Mother
                      close enough!
                      no..my tracker wheels really well so NAH!!!!!!!!! plus i have room for my 15s =)..yes u can hear my tracker from like 5 blocks away lol.. i hate my car lol

Comment

Re: Re: Cars in the shop

Originally posted by Ryan98T/A
                        I hope you sprung for a bigger stall converter. You will be much happier if you did. And while you are at it, you might also want the tranny shop to install a tranny cooler. Just a couple things to think about.
                        I couldnt afford a converter just yet. This is already costing me like 2000 bucks, and im only 18 and make a pathetic $8.50/hr. But that will be the next mod when i get the money.
                        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Working...
                        X