Go to Church!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to Church!

Not starting a religious conversation thread!!!! This is just telling a story...

So I'm not a big fan of organized religions, but i am a spritiual person. Anyways I tend to poke fun at christianity because they are always telling me i'm going to hell becuase i'm not a follower. Well I think my making fun of them has come back to bite me in teh butt. ...
    I'm at work the other day at Bungee, and i'm parked in a row perpindicual to the other spaces in teh lot (parallel to the sidewalk but the side walk ends. To make a long story short, a big giant church van is bakcing up and instead of just going all the way back and then turning he backs up aiming at the only car in teh parking lot, my trans-am WS6. He not only aims at it but he grossly misjudges his back end and hits my car. Luckily he doesn't dent the fiberglass but his big bumper ripped alot of paint of my car and left a good amount of unbuffalbe scratchs. I did'nt know what to think when I realized i was hit parked by a Church van of all things. Is this god's way of telling to get back on track? maybe....
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

hahahaha!

REBEL! I don't like modern church goers myself...they seem.....fake.

Comment

No. It's god's way of saying there are people who go to church that can't drive.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        No. It's god's way of saying there are people who go to church that can't drive.
        nice!

Comment

I think it's Gods way of saying nobody's perfect. He He.

You'd be surprised at how many people go to church but don't even care about what's going on. I wouldn't really call myself a religious person but I do go to church, a big one, and is funny to see all the people who leave the second 12:00 hits just so they can go out to eat and not wait in lines, most of the time the sermon isn't even over. Ha!
          1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
          Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
          Trans: TH700R4
          Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Originally posted by Benm109
            I think it's Gods way of saying nobody's perfect. He He.

You'd be surprised at how many people go to church but don't even care about what's going on. I wouldn't really call myself a religious person but I do go to church, a big one, and is funny to see all the people who leave the second 12:00 hits just so they can go out to eat and not wait in lines, most of the time the sermon isn't even over. Ha!
            Organized religion is a comercialized industry, it's sad.

Comment

thats the kinda thing that makes me not want to bother with religion because half the people that go go out of habit nothing else

some of the others go just because the rest of the family is going..just doesnt make sense to me if u feel that guilty u need to take a look at the choices u are making =)

Comment

Didn't they have a bumber sticker that said the Lord is my copilot?

I had an experience a couple of year back when I lived in Richmond, VA. I took my Vette to lunch at a local fast food place. I parked it next to the handicapped spot figuring it would be save at least from one side.

Well as I walk out, a huge van pulls in in the that said spot, the doors swing open and one hits my Vette. It had a nice chip in the paint missing. I was about to start my fit when I realized that it was all mentally handicapped people.

So I tried to talk to the driver but he just put me on ignore. I could have called the police but I didn't really wanted to create a scene. I have a nadicapped brother and I know it's not always easy with him.

What do you do?
                97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Re: Go to Church!

[i]Originally posted by Camaro4-2\Is this god's way of telling to get back on track? maybe.... [/B]

I am a Christian but I do not attend church on any regular basis. I have my beliefs and I stand by them.

Is God trying to send you a message, maybe. He does work in mysterious ways and it may be a message just for you to think and consider the path you are taking. I wont tell you that you are going to hell because you are not a follower, I will simply say that I know where I am going when the time comes.

Good luck!!!

Comment

i know where im going to....the race track in the sky where the 110 costs a nickle a gallon and its never muggy =)

Comment

Bad parking spots.

Anyone seen the commercial, where the car parks in a HUGE parking lot with no other cars around. Then you see this old POS pull up in the spot next to the new car... He could have parked anywhere, but he goes right next the car flinging the doors open hitting the car as hard as possible!

-Well, thats what it reminds me of it. Just please let me know where ur parking, so i stay FAR FAR away! Make sure u stay way from gas stations, any places w/ propane tanks... basically anything that can explode, sorry to say it, but u have bad luck with parking spots!

- I guess i cant say that i havent ever been hit... parking in the 'student parking gurage' (at the dorms) for a year wasnt the best idea, but there arent any other options. All i have to say is... I am currently looking for a new front bumper and passanger side fender... Someone hit my car and ran!
                      99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Religion side

I am religious, and pretty strong in my beliefs. But what i dislike about most believers (athiests and religions) is that neither wants to hear what the other has to say. They are all too afraid, they think that by hearing someones opinion they are going to be 'brain washed' into believing it. Actually for me, its the total opposite. The faults i find in other peoples beliefs just helps mine, and when there is something i cant answer - it shows me what i need to figure out. So far, christianity has held up against all of my scruteny.

If your ever interested check out, " The Case for Creation" by Dr. Thomas J Kindell (audio tapes). Im not sure if he has a book (probably does) But these tapes are very informative. If you have any questions on: Evolution, fossils, radiometric dating, evidence of the design of nature, biological similarities (what some call evolution), age of the earth, facts that christ has been ressurected, DINOSAURS, Genesis (the flood), day-age theory, and the gap theory, origin of the planet, and evidence for the bible , i would recommend checking the tapes out.

Its really not preaching, like i was afraid it would be... instead he presents the facts, even though he does state his opinion, he back everything up with facts... very brilliant man.
                        99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike71
                          thats the kinda thing that makes me not want to bother with religion because half the people that go go out of habit nothing else

some of the others go just because the rest of the family is going..just doesnt make sense to me if u feel that guilty u need to take a look at the choices u are making =)
                          believing in God and being Christan should not have anything to do with what other people do .."or why they go". its your choice, your inner self that decides your position.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

it could have been worse...but still ironically the first thing that came out of my mouth was the lords name in vein...habbit i guess....probably wasn't the best time
                            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                              believing in God and being Christan should not have anything to do with what other people do .."or why they go". its your choice, your inner self that decides your position.
                              yah..its a long story i kinda belive in god but i kinda dont..and it just doesnt help when alot of the belivers know less then i do..its hard to explain

i like science alot if that helps to explain any of it lol

although since i had...well..i lost 4 of my friends in one nite i have kinda re thought my anti god sentiment..but it is just hard to grasp the idea of god....its hard to explain

Comment

Working...
                              X