No announcement yet.

LT4 kits... Yes, or No!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at the LT4 route not too long ago. I still am planning too once I get the funds. It's a very easy way to add about 100 hp. Don't forget this leads to PCM tuning, suspension work, rear end work, larger throttle body... it's a visious cycle!!

Try this link....... GM parts direct LT4 conversion Kit

Includes everything, even the gaskets at a great price.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fastbird93
      First, it's very weird that you said that because Sean is my name.

Ok, I'll admit, the LT4 does outflow the LT1 heads when the same ported hits them. Up Top. The rest of the numbers are comparable.

My personal philosophy is that for the price of the LT4 kit, you could instead pick up some AFR's and really go the big route. The LT1 head (as well as the LT4) makes a great starting point when ported. But for the money, I'd rather go with a little more expense up front.

Personally, the LT1 and LT4 heads are so close in comparison that I just don't feel it's worth the time. Granted everyone plans for the future, and once you do the heads, there's always more that can be done, but really?? How many people actually pull and have their heads worked on multiple times for touch up inbetween setups. Only the really hard core guys, the "competitive" guys if you see what I'm saying. Most people want it done once and back to running. If you can't afford to port the LT4 heads, then don't get them and have yours done. Heck, even pick up a set of LT1 castings on Ebay or a board for $200-250 and don't waste any downtime on the car.

I'm standing firm in the fact that you can have a much more powerful car for very close to the same cost as that LT4 conversion.
      I guess we'll call it personal preference then?
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
        I guess we'll call it personal preference then?
        Sounds good to me.
        Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Originally posted by Fastbird93
          I'm standing firm in the fact that you can have a much more powerful car for very close to the same cost as that LT4 conversion.
          You are absolutely right and I completely agree.

If money is an issue, and you want to make alot of power than go with the ported LT1 casting.

If money is NOT an issue, and you want to make more power, then go with the ported LT4 casting.

Simple.

Comment

Lt4 kit

Thanks for the help!! I greatly appreciate it.

-Mack
            99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Working...
            X