weird transmission or rear end problem. Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird transmission or rear end problem. Help

Could anyone tell me what this means. I've got a 95 TA with an automatic and said tranny is on its last legs. When it shifts from 1st to 2nd with anything more than 1/4 throttle I get serious vibrations that feel like the rearend slipping, not the tranny. This can also happen in any gear with more throttle or a serious downshift. The weird part is that my ABS INOP light comes on and stays on until I shut it down. But I do know for a fact that my tranny is on its way out because it also slips under heavy throttle and takes a long time to get in gear. So, why does the light come on? Also, can anyone from St. Louis recommend a good tranny shop that knows how to beef up a transmission for more power, or maybe a good web company that sells beefed up 4l60e's. I appreciate any replys

This place looks pretty good. They have good prices. http://www.4l60-e.com/
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I dont know much about that, but check out your driveshaft.
      95 Trans am-3.73 posi, 1.6 rollers, cold air induc. flowmaster, no cat.'s, power programmer w/ 160 degree stat, torque arm, bbk underdrive pulley, 52mm throttle body.

Comment

http://www.fbodytrans.com/

This is a division of Combination Motorsports. Very good tranny prices, awesome built tranny's.

Sounds alot like the symptoms of when my 4L60E gave up. I later learned from several tranny builders that downshifting an electronically controlled tranny is very bad on clutches. Any stock, non-manual valvebodied tranny is not designed to be be manually downshifted but apparently the wear and tear is exaggerated on electronically shifted tranny's.

Comment

Working...
        X