NFB: Need a diagnosis.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Need a diagnosis.....

Remember the Omni......my 103 mph trapping 4 door grandma mobile?. Driving it kinda hard today, big crash, a bang, and then a big cloud of smoke. I towed it back to the shop and I fished these parts out of my engine after seeing them in my oil pan through a big jagged hole in the block. The car does not run anymore and I cant figure out why. Any ideas?? Check out the pic.
    Attached Files
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Did you check the spark plugs?

Man that sucks, looks like you need a new power plant.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

A little JB Weld and should be good as new!

DAMN! That thing really came apart!

Comment

Your performance stickers must have peeled off. Happened to me once. My muffler flew off and smashed into the car behind me.

But seriously, that sucks. There's a black omni around here running mid 13s i believe.. nice FMIC and BOV .. everyone knows the guy and his car, he's almost famous
          Working on the 80 Camaro Z28 ..
          Now driving a '90 Talon TSi AWD Turbo...

Comment

WOW, never seen such a mess come out of an oil pan.. what are you palns for the Omni, almost bought one few years ago .
            1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
            "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Nice!

You know, if you disconnected a couple of valves and spark plugs, it may still run.

I have to find the piston that I burned a hole clean through the crown by high speed lean out. I distictly remember pulling about 7 car lengths on some poor unsuspecting V8 owner only for the car to turn itself into a crop duster. It starting blowing so much smoke out the tailpipe it looked like a a jet car staging at the drags.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                A little JB Weld and should be good as new!

DAMN! That thing really came apart!
                Ive never had an engine blow like this one....it was incredible. Glad it was the Omni and not the bird....(knock on wood).

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  Nice!

You know, if you disconnected a couple of valves and spark plugs, it may still run.

Not for long with the oil pump broken off at the block.....

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                    Not for long with the oil pump broken off at the block.....
                    Now, now, ever heard of a drip oiler. No need for an oil pump.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Cool...never saw omni puke before! Uhohhh...I'm started to feel a bit nauseas myself...<barf>...
                      Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                      Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

It must be the optispark.

Comment

Working...
                        X